Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #41
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I did not read the linked article but I will later. I did however look at the two charts from the perspective of the restaurant and to me the comparisons make more sense that way. The time it takes for the whole process has greatly increased. This means the diners spend more time eating than in the past which means the table does not get turned as many times in a day and that equals less revenue. Making sure the tables are turned quickly without upsetting the clientele is part of the waitstaff's job. Less times the table is turned means less tips. Less revenue for the business means higher prices for the customer and also less staff because staff has been cut due to less revenue. I find it ironic that in the end the group who bitches about the slow service is largely responsible for it. If you think about it over time the restaurant is losing a lot of money.

This scenario is happening at my local Crapplebees. We've noticed the amount of people who spend more time futzing with their phones than eating.
We've had staff comment that we don't mess around when if comes to ordering and on average we spend about 70 minutes at the table. We've seen the staff many times make 3 out more trips to a table before taking an order and it is because of phone futzing. Hell... the 5 of us have come been seated after people and received our appetizers before they ordered theirs. FFS! Do you really think all your FB friends and Twitter twits give two shits that you are at Crapplebees and can't decide between.the cheese sticks and stuffed potato skins? Place your order already so someone else can enjoy the mediocrity that is Crapplebees!

I should point out that Crapplebees is extremely consistent when it comes to food mediocrity with the exception of the one near me. They actually do know how to cook a steak.
Wait, this is a total shock to me; people actual eat at Crapplebees? I go there to watch Football games occasionally because even for the biggest games, there is never anyone there. I've always assumed they were part of the NSA's national surveillance system.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #42
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

NSA ...No Strings Attached.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #43
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Follow the link, there are more details. The issue of course, is that restaurants make their money based on volume, if you have a full house and the time your customers spend eating doubles, you profits are at least cut in half.

I go everywhere with an iPad and I use it a ton. I would never dream of holding up the wait staff and other customers while playing with my iPad, its un-polite and just plain obnoxious. I can always read GF while I'm on the loo.

Prior to being disabled we ate out about 95% of the time. I was on the road 100% on week days and had no choice but to eat out, but had a good expense account so I ate out very well. We still eat out often (Taco bell doesn't count as eating out), but only here in Texas. Say what you want about Texas, but the people here are mostly polite and considerate of others. I have not seen anything as bad as the article describes in Texas.

I was on the road 100% on week days and had no choice but to eat out, but had good expense account so I ate out very well. We still eat out a few times a week (Taco bell doesn't count as eating out), but only here in Texas. Say what you want about Texas, but the people here are mostly polite and considerate of others. I have not seen anything as bad as the article describes in Texas.

However, business lunches are totally different, if you spend any time in the more expensive Steak houses and such during lunch in a business area you'll see a bunch of tables with people in deep discussions that require a quorum just to decide if they want to order. I've been in these things that last 2-3 hours and they don't even know the restaurant exists. These are all on accounts so the wait staff usually gets a big tip.

While I am not 100% sold this article is 100% real, I believe the gist of the article is correct. My belief is that there are no more self-centered assholes now then there were in 2004, but somehow something has enabled these self-centered assholes to "come out of the closet" and openly be self-centered assholes. I think its the internet. 10 minutes on the internet and its like, "Wow, I am not the only self-centered asshole on the planet, there are millions of us out there.
iConnectAudio4+
Old 07-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #44
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgsByte View Post
playing with my iPad
How old are you again ? LOLZ.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #45
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
How old are you again ? LOLZ.

Old enough to know better, but too old to care.
iConnectAudio4+