Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Donna25

Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts
Default Ever have one of those good days where everything goes right?

Today was that day for me.

Woke up, noticed I was having a terrific hair day, got all dolled up because hey, can't let a good hair day go to waste! Then I took the dogs out for a walk. Strangers waved hello, which was nice. Met up with some friends to plan our US road trip from Florida to New Orleans. Had a successful guitar practice session where I finally broke a plateau with my speed picking. Some family members came over for dinner, one of them being my cousin who is the only other person in my family who plays guitar. He co-owns a music shop that I frequent a lot so we talked about that a ton and then he offered me a job managing it! I said I'd think about it because for one, I don't have any experience managing businesses and two, I don't really want to work for a family member. Tried that once and it didn't go well. It's there if I want it though, which is nice.

After that, I went over to a friends house with my significant other and we played Mario Kart and Shadows Over Camelot, which is a kickass board game. I got to be the traitor and I won! I never win!

It's been a good day. How's your day going?
Old 07-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #2
Underdog
...just sayin...

Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed

I had one of the best days that I have had in quite some time. My daughter had a good noght last night so we went up to the lake and took her tubing. She had a blast! I had to ride with her and after about 4 times, I was ready to puke but she was still rarin' to go. It was beautiful on the lake... not too hot and not crowded at all. My in laws new pontoon boat is a pretty sweet ride!
iT WAS A GREAT STRESS FREE DAY!
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
Donna25

Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts Donna25 Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I had one of the best days that I have had in quite some time. My daughter had a good noght last night so we went up to the lake and took her tubing. She had a blast! I had to ride with her and after about 4 times, I was ready to puke but she was still rarin' to go. It was beautiful on the lake... not too hot and not crowded at all. My in laws new pontoon boat is a pretty sweet ride!
iT WAS A GREAT STRESS FREE DAY!
Happy to hear it, U-Dog!

Hope your week, month, and years to come go just as well!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
Underdog
...just sayin...

Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna25 View Post
Happy to hear it, U-Dog!

Hope your week, month, and years to come go just as well!
It would have been better if I would have had a good hair day too. You gotta have hair for that and I shaved all mine off last night.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 AM   #5
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Blah, total non starter of a day. Had a monstrous week at work, so I'm feeling mentally fried. I feel like I've been drugged.

I did play for about a half hour just now, which is about 20 mins. more than I've played in a week. Just a basic, 3 chord backing track that went on for 20 mins. Have my Gretsch plugged in with 'verb on, so I was getting a surfy vibe.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:41 AM   #6
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Had the best couple of days in a long time this week, downloaded and installed Logic Pro X and everything I tried worked, zero issues or problems. The stuff I didn't know or understand was all solved with a quick google.

Best part was I felt really good and was able to focus for a more than just a couple of hours and actually managed to do some useful things with it. Felt like crap since then, but hey, that was fun!
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:58 AM   #7
Twidler
Up yir hole

Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out

Every day goes right for me, I'm just fuckin ace!

Some of my stuff
Twidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #8
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Total ripper so far. Early morning, sky clear as a bell, no wind, minus 6C, out the front warming in the Sun with a cup of coffee. Got kids to their work, played (or made a noise to be accurate) for an hour. Then to the regular jam session held by the blues society.

Kids can get their own way back from work and, as I've gone on strike in support of parent's rights, make their dinner as well as mine. Will that be the highlight of the day? Time will tell.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #9
Donna25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It would have been better if I would have had a good hair day too. You gotta have hair for that and I shaved all mine off last night.
Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to deal with any bad hair days.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
Donna25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Blah, total non starter of a day. Had a monstrous week at work, so I'm feeling mentally fried. I feel like I've been drugged.

I did play for about a half hour just now, which is about 20 mins. more than I've played in a week. Just a basic, 3 chord backing track that went on for 20 mins. Have my Gretsch plugged in with 'verb on, so I was getting a surfy vibe.
Well, that sucks! Hope your week gets less monstrous.