Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 09-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Curb Your Entusiasm

Anyone a fan of the show? There's a new season premiering on...10/1.

I personally love it.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode Just getting started DanRode Just getting started

I'm so out of touch. I know of the show and I can picture the bald guy with glasses but I can't recall anything else. I feel like it's common knowledge for everyone but me.

A few years ago, I mostly stopped watching TV except sports and stopped using social media like Facebook. It wasn't really intentional, I just got busy doing other things and ran out of time.

If my TV is on at all, it's a game or youtube vids on how to do something.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread
Old 09-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread
Don't be sorry it's a good skill.

Heard of the curb show but not seen anything.

I'm still waiting for new season's of Walking dead, and Westworld.

I did start watching Gotham, and was a few seasons in, but lost touch with it. Orange is the new black was another I watched a bit of. I just don't have the time to follow much.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post

I personally love it.
Has it NOT been on for a long time. I remember watching it years ago and laughing my ass off.
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #5
G-man
Holds An Impotent Sanity

G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose

Quote:

I personally love it.
Fantastic show.

What's your favourite season? I find it hard to choose between them, but the one with Mel Brook and the Producers is basically flawless. I also like the first few seasons that centre around his and Cheryl's relationship problems. Whilst I thought Season 8 was pretty good, it was a bit overproduced at points.
EHX Big Muff Pi, Boss OD-1E, EHX Holy Grail Nano,
Diddly Bo (handmade), DD7.
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:43 AM   #6
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Narcos and Ozark on Netflix, anyone?
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:40 AM   #7
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
Enjoyed watching the first season of Ozark

Watched the first episode of Narco, and quickly grew tired of having to speed-read captions in order to translate the Spanish dialog to English…..………...Looks to be an interesting and well done series, but it’s just weird that the narration is spoken in English, yet 90% of the dialog is spoken in Spanish.

Having to read the dialog definitely takes away from my viewing pleasure. If they're gonna make me read the entire story, I think I’d rather read the book
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

I love Curb, Larry David is hilarious. I heard there was a new season, but didn't know it was out so soon. I probably won't see it for another year anyway.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #9
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man View Post
What's your favourite season?
I don't have one, but I liked the story arc where the Black family was adopted, after Katrina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
I tend to binge watch, and Ozark is on my list.

When I was looking to upgrade my Fire Stick, I discovered this: https://www.amazon.com/GooBang-Doo-A...x+fully+loaded

It's basically an android box where I can load apps into it. Kodi is preloaded, and I can literally watch pretty much anything, including nearly every movie ever made. The copyright office's position on this kind of streaming is, you're not profiting from it, you're not saving the media to anything, so they don't care. Your ISP may care because you're sucking bandwidth. Over time, I can see content creators lobbying for legislation to block this type of streaming. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:16 PM   #10
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:

It's basically an android box where I can load apps into it. Kodi is preloaded, and I can literally watch pretty much anything, including nearly every movie ever made. The copyright office's position on this kind of streaming is, you're not profiting from it, you're not saving the media to anything, so they don't care. Your ISP may care because you're sucking bandwidth. Over time, I can see content creators lobbying for legislation to block this type of streaming. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
I put the add-ons on for peoples boxes when they don't work. The third party apps( illegal) have taken a hammering with tvaddons taken down. Don't know if you have the same add-ons over there, but the likes of phoenix, Exodus, Istream etc are gone. The creaters of the add-ons have been threatened with legal action, and to be honest I don't blame them for packing them in. The ones who put up these add-ons do it in their spare time so not worth it.

Over here it's the likes of the premier league football in partnership with sky/virgin who have gone after these third party apps, and putting pressure on Kodi to do something about it. It's not their fault the software is being used like it is as it's open source so there's a lot of difficulty with it.

They closed a lot of shops for selling fully loaded boxes in the UK. I think they are a waste of time, and partly to blame for drawing attention to it. As you may know you can download the Kodi software, and install your own add-ons.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote