Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #11
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
I'm going to check that box out. I'm looking for something that I can run a chrome or firefox browser, use a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse and HDMI out to my TV.

I have a FireTV but I have stuff I want to watch that requires login and std browser.
There's a built in browser, and I haven't bothered with another. Even with a wireless keyboard, I personally find it a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
I put the add-ons on for peoples boxes when they don't work. The third party apps( illegal) have taken a hammering with tvaddons taken down. Don't know if you have the same add-ons over there, but the likes of phoenix, Exodus, Istream etc are gone. The creaters of the add-ons have been threatened with legal action, and to be honest I don't blame them for packing them in. The ones who put up these add-ons do it in their spare time so not worth it.

Over here it's the likes of the premier league football in partnership with sky/virgin who have gone after these third party apps, and putting pressure on Kodi to do something about it. It's not their fault the software is being used like it is as it's open source so there's a lot of difficulty with it.

They closed a lot of shops for selling fully loaded boxes in the UK. I think they are a waste of time, and partly to blame for drawing attention to it. As you may know you can download the Kodi software, and install your own add-ons.
The box I linked (I have the 2 gig memory model) came preloaded with Kodi, Exodus and a bunch of other apps. The developers of Exodus supposedly left because of legal problems, but there's now Covenant. I understand in the UK they've been cracking down, but not yet over here.

For anyone interested in cord-cutting, just google the term. I'd suggest checking the law in your area, just to be safe. I haven't found a single thing that says what I'm doing is illegal where I am. I've discovered there's a messload of people where I work doing the same thing, but they didn't advertise it. Now, we talk about the best apps. I was able to watch the Mayweather/McGregor fight through an app I found the day of the fight, after trying to catch streams on Youtube.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote