Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Recording & Software

Old 11-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started
Default What are some good options for amp sims

I bought a focusrite scarlett 2i2 2nd gen today. I have used my fender mustang v2 as my interface previously. I guess I will need some kind of amp sims now? What do you use and what are some good free options? I switched to Reaper as my daw recently aswell.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Amplitube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9854a2Nwc8
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
Tacman7
Lazy Dog

Tacman7 Just getting started

Search for the free ones and try them out.

I got a free version of this the other day while they were giving them out, it's a nice sim.

https://www.overloud.com/products/th3-full
Tacman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #4
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

After spending $99 for Bias Amp Pro :https://www.positivegrid.com/promoti...YaAs2REALw_wcB

And $100 for the Scarlett, I bought the Line 6 TT : https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...IaAroBEALw_wcB On sale. For about $85. It's an interface, and I personally find the amp and pedal settings easier to deal with (through an app on your phone), AND I can link it to any of my real amps.

I haven't used the Scarlett or Bias amp sims in ages. But Bias is a great amp sim, but you really need some pedals, which is a separate package.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #5
Morfz

Thanks for all the help guys... I need some help. It feels kind of overwhelming right now. So many options and I dont even know how to use them ahah.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out BallisticSquid huffs white out

Just because you have an interface doesn't mean you have to now run amp sims on your PC. if you have something you've been using that you are happy with and it has line out, connect it to the input of your new interface.

Whenever I record...whether it's my Zoom G5, Eleven Rack, or GT-100, I just take the line out and connect it to the input of my Yamaha Audiogram. This way, I just leave my monitors connected to my audiogram. Windows doesn't do the "input from this device and output to another device" very well, if at all.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

I own several. Sometimes I prefer one, another time I'll a different one. Here's my list in order of preference, subject to change at any time

- AmpliTube 4
- Guitar Rig 5
- Waves GTR
- PreSonus Ampire
- Overloud TH3
- Nomad Factory Rock Amp Legends

AT4 and GR5 are definitely my gotos. AT4 is the most expensive to get it all, but there is a lot to get.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #8
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Thanks for all the help guys... I need some help. It feels kind of overwhelming right now. So many options and I dont even know how to use them ahah.

Then take your time sorting things out. Overloud has a demo version, as do many others.

Check out this list: http://masters-of-music.com/list-of-...itar-amp-sims/

I simply like the Amplifi TT because it's intuitive to use. For some reason, anything relating to music where I have to read instructions gives me mental block.

Isn't there a bunch of software that came with the Focusrite? Why not just play with that to get a feel?

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #9
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Just because you have an interface doesn't mean you have to now run amp sims on your PC. if you have something you've been using that you are happy with and it has line out, connect it to the input of your new interface.

Whenever I record...whether it's my Zoom G5, Eleven Rack, or GT-100, I just take the line out and connect it to the input of my Yamaha Audiogram. This way, I just leave my monitors connected to my audiogram. Windows doesn't do the "input from this device and output to another device" very well, if at all.
Yeah I guess, so you mean I could run my mustang into the focusrite and that into the computer? Thanks for helping! Im gonna play around with different amps sims aswell

Old 11-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #10
Morfz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I own several. Sometimes I prefer one, another time I'll a different one. Here's my list in order of preference, subject to change at any time

- AmpliTube 4
- Guitar Rig 5
- Waves GTR
- PreSonus Ampire
- Overloud TH3
- Nomad Factory Rock Amp Legends

AT4 and GR5 are definitely my gotos. AT4 is the most expensive to get it all, but there is a lot to get.
Gotcha! Thanks for the list!