Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
Jimorr

Jimorr Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Love him, and I don't even like Yankees. Watch what he does and stop listening to what the news media says he does. They're two different things. Damn!!! I can't wait to get my tax refund this year. Its going to be twice as big as it was last year, and that's a fact.
I couldn't agree more. Compared to the last Muslim we had as pres, its a big improvement.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

IDK about Trump, but my retirement account is kicking ass. I may not need food stamps!!

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #13
Gone Shootin'

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Gone Shootin' Just getting started

oh yeah, 401 is sitting pretty.

i like a guy that calls it like he sees it. like the rest of us. Haiti is a shithole. Syria is a shithole. Chicago is a shithole.

Gibson SGs, Marshall, Boss, M-Audio
Gone Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
IDK about Trump, but my retirement account is kicking ass. I may not need food stamps!!
The one good thing. My parents are around retirement age and my mom's 401k just bumped up quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Shootin' View Post
oh yeah, 401 is sitting pretty.

i like a guy that calls it like he sees it. like the rest of us. Haiti is a shithole. Syria is a shithole. Chicago is a shithole.
Oh yeah, the sweet country of Chicago. Chicago is actually a beautiful city - it is a shame about the crime problem. Same thing where I live. BELIEVE IT OR NOT WE'RE NOT ALL GANGBANGERS ALTHOUGH I DO TRY ME BEST.

It isn't that he is 100% wrong - it is just a stupid thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Love him, and I don't even like Yankees. Watch what he does and stop listening to what the news media says he does. They're two different things. Damn!!! I can't wait to get my tax refund this year. Its going to be twice as big as it was last year, and that's a fact.
I love hypocrisy in a leader. I agree most things get blown out of proportion with sound bites all the time. He really hasn't done anything inspiring leadership wise imo.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #15
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiholly View Post
I love hypocrisy in a leader. I agree most things get blown out of proportion with sound bites all the time. He really hasn't done anything inspiring leadership wise imo.
The best way to keep the populace in check, is to talk them into thinking they're actually benefiting from the bullshit.

What's happening to us, re: the tax plan, is like getting roofied, then claiming it's the best sex we ever had. Well, for some.

Anyone who believes this tax overhaul is the best thing since sliced bread, isn't aware of the nuts and bolts of the bill.

Do I need a passport to visit the country of Chicago??? Maybe I'll plant anchor babies there.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #16
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

You can't take a county with a large debt and give these massive tax cuts and expect it not to show up somewhere else. I don't know anything about the bill so I can't really say but it's common sense. Last year was the first year that we were unable to itemize so this year will be the same and I assume the tax bill will help people like me but I don't really know. They said the standard deduction will be double.

As a president and a human being, I think the guy sucks.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
You can't take a county with a large debt and give these massive tax cuts and expect it not to show up somewhere else. I don't know anything about the bill so I can't really say but it's common sense. Last year was the first year that we were unable to itemize so this year will be the same and I assume the tax bill will help people like me but I don't really know. They said the standard deduction will be double.

As a president and a human being, I think the guy sucks.
It's pretty complex. There's a law on the books called "PAYGO." a law that compels Congress to offset increases in mandatory spending or reductions in tax revenue so that they don't increase the deficit. If Congress violates the provision, the bill makes automatic cuts elsewhere unless the House and Senate vote to waive the requirement. There's enough R votes to waive anything.

If things aren't waived, this could trigger automatic cuts in Medicare, SS, and a bunch of other things.

One thing not in doubt: corps and the rich benefit the most overall. That's a fact. What isn't known is how much else he owes- it's estimated to be near 3 BILLION with various banks- including the Bank of China, and Russian banks.

Another fact is, we're paying off a $900 million bankruptcy debt for Rump.

Any short term benefits we may get is the roofie, while getting fucked in the ass. As the wealth gap increases, the average person will spend less, and our economy gets fucked too. I said it a million years ago in this forum, if money doesn't move, the economy dies, and even corps will suffer because we won't be buying their shit. And the very rich? They'll survive, well, because they're rich. Romney isn't super rich compared to billionaires, but he makes something like $20 mill/year in dividends alone- which is taxed at a lower rate.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:03 PM   #18
Z. Wolf
Central Scrutinizer

Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
It's pretty complex. There's a law on the books called "PAYGO." a law that compels Congress to offset increases in mandatory spending or reductions in tax revenue so that they don't increase the deficit. If Congress violates the provision, the bill makes automatic cuts elsewhere unless the House and Senate vote to waive the requirement. There's enough R votes to waive anything.

If things aren't waived, this could trigger automatic cuts in Medicare, SS, and a bunch of other things.

One thing not in doubt: corps and the rich benefit the most overall. That's a fact. What isn't known is how much else he owes- it's estimated to be near 3 BILLION with various banks- including the Bank of China, and Russian banks.

Another fact is, we're paying off a $900 million bankruptcy debt for Rump.

Any short term benefits we may get is the roofie, while getting fucked in the ass. As the wealth gap increases, the average person will spend less, and our economy gets fucked too. I said it a million years ago in this forum, if money doesn't move, the economy dies, and even corps will suffer because we won't be buying their shit. And the very rich? They'll survive, well, because they're rich. Romney isn't super rich compared to billionaires, but he makes something like $20 mill/year in dividends alone- which is taxed at a lower rate.
Yeah, but Benghazi...
Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #19
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Hmmmm..... I can't figure out why so many people hate rich folks. I like rich people. They never want to borrow money from me, they're not on welfare and bleeding me dry, and occasionally they see something that they know I like and buy it and give it to me as a no strings attached gift. Hell, I wish everybody was stinking rich.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #20
Lefty Louie

Lefty Louie Just getting started

While everyone is worrying about a BS comment about a couple of shithole places, if you've never been you should go, what our wonderful president and elected officials did do was extend the power of warrentless searches. Smoke and mirrors, not many astute members here, what a shame.
Lefty Louie is offline   Reply With Quote