Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > DIY

Old 09-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing
Default Freecycle. What do you got, what do you need?

Hi Gang. I talked to Classic about creating this thread, and he's given the go-ahead.

As most of you that know me, I'm a guitar and amp tech as well as a wood worker by trade, so I'm always coming across guitars or amps that have gone past the point of being repaired, so I gut them and save the parts for future builds.

I've been noticing a lot of threads as of late from other members getting into the DIY field of resurrecting old or beat up guitars and putting a new look and feel to them, and I'm really proud of you lot that take on the tasks of bringing a guitar back to life, or building a new one.

So, I'm here to help out if you need some parts, pickups, tuners or that elusive something that you just can't get, and I'm hoping that the other members would be able to help out as well.

This gig is simple. It's all about paying it forward, so there will be no monies exchanged. You CAN NOT sell anything. This is a non-for-profit thread.

The Moderators will delete any thread containing for sale (As per the rules).

Shipping costs will between the respective members and will be worked out in PM's.

So, with that said, let the games begin

I hope I can help out in some small way to bring your dreams to a reality

Best regards to all of you, as always,

Keith

Admin edit: Any and all transactions are done so at your own risk. Guitar Forums will not be held responsible for any deals gone wrong. Keep all transactions to PM and/or email. If any issues arise, this thread will be deleted.

Last edited by Keith; 09-23-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: admin edit
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
genesaika

genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Very cool thread! I can't wait to see what comes up and I may look here once I find my next project! Lol
Bc rich style bass
genesaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Very generous of you that Keith.

+1 .
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
genesaika

genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking genesaika The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

yup definitely getting a +1 from me lol
Bc rich style bass
genesaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Island Eddie
pure of heart, dim of wit

Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia Island Eddie can't see their genitalia

Cool, I remember you talking about this, I'm just finishing up a sailboat paint job @ the warehouse as of right now, but I'll see what I have hanging around when I get home. I know for a fact I have like 10 sets of hex keys/allen wrenches if anyone needs.

" You have you experience to believe in the pleasures of a heated toilet seat."

-Bun E. Carlos
Island Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

Outstanding guys! I'll get a list up of what I have in my bargain basement inventory and post it here. Trades are always welcome as well.

For a quick rundown, I have HB's, single coils, 3 way-5 way toggles, loads of .22 gauge wire, 250 and 500k pots, a lot of stain ranging from light Pine to Walnut, a few mics (Cheaper than M-57's, but do the job) Tuners for either a Tele or Strat, in-line tuners from the Jay Turser.. I'll have to dig in more.

Ed.. you started me on this
Old 09-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #7
Greg
Humanoid Smut

Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow

I have a few things as well. I hope to try to provide more than I leech with this so I'll keep this thread in my mind and stay up to date. Currently I have something to the effect of:

Some misc jacks
some strap locks that fit shallar's system (chrome)
LP toggle switch caps (I can never find a black one to fit my damn switch)
Some beat up fender style knobs if you want an older look
A bridge position single coil pickup in a humbucker casing
Some old strap pins and screws
Wire out the wazoo
and an old practice amp that has seen better days.
SOON will be my entire loaded pickguard and ALL the hardware off my yamaha project
EDIT: Also have a monster "Y" cable thing... all female jacks. It's like a 25 dollar cable but I have no use for it lol

PM me if something strikes your fancy!

Walnut Telecaster build!

Last edited by Greg; 09-09-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #8
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

What PUPS you got spare on good condition. I have a project on which I don't wanna spend too much, actually, I can't. I put some chineese hot humbuckers I had around (17k) but don't like the sound at all.Was thinking of getting it some Entwistle with ceramic mags, but still not convinced. Let me know what Hot PUPS you got and will see what we can do.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 AM   #9
bogieboy

bogieboy Just getting started

Lets see.... I have an HSS set out of an ibanez gsa 60.... Bucker has coil tap option, is about 15k, and around 6-7k (i think) for the singles in the neck and middle....

I am looking for a set of gold screws for tuning machines...i cracked one of them off from not predrilling the maple neck...LOL live and learn...
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #10
Greg
Humanoid Smut

Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow Greg Confuses Ass and Elbow

This could be very good for everyone. I'm excited. Keith, maybe you would have some use for the amp I have... May not be worth shipping but if there is something specific you want or are just curious, PM me.

This could turn out really good. Let's get started!

Walnut Telecaster build!
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote