Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #1
RainDancer
Dark Universe
 
RainDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 6,723
RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute
Default The Guitar Forums 2016 Xmas Album

https://soundcloud.com/dark-universe/guitar-forumx-xmas-album-2016

Featuring: Alykat/Cobalt/Plankton/Classic Rock/Raindancer and probably someone else, I kinda lost track.

Produced at Raindancer Music Studios (Aka my spare bedroom)

My thanks to everyone, as this was by far, the most well coordinated and pain free multi musician album I have ever had to produce. (Wondering what went wrong)

Downloads are enabled, so let the fun begin.
__________________
My Music
http://soundcloud.com/dark-universe/
RainDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,154
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDancer View Post
https://soundcloud.com/dark-universe/guitar-forumx-xmas-album-2016

Featuring: Alykat/Cobalt/Plankton/Classic Rock/Raindancer and probably someone else, I kinda lost track.

Produced at Raindancer Music Studios (Aka my spare bedroom)

My thanks to everyone, as this was by far, the most well coordinated and pain free multi musician album I have ever had to produce. (Wondering what went wrong)

Downloads are enabled, so let the fun begin.
Sounds great as everyone did a great job!

Would you be able to list the names of the tracks in order and who did them? Im racking my tiny brain trying to figure out who did what
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
RainDancer
Dark Universe
 
RainDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 6,723
RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Sounds great as everyone did a great job!

Would you be able to list the names of the tracks in order and who did them? Im racking my tiny brain trying to figure out who did what
Well I know track one was me, after that, your guess is as good as mine It's the medication I say, it's the meds, people were kind enough to send me PM's which I read, thought I'd printed it all out. Had a birthday bash, cleared my message inbox, looked for printed stuff, couldn't find any, so just went back to drinking.

I've got several buddies in various states of beer infestation, one is a drummer, three are ex armed forces, two are paramedics, can you guess who's busy and who is flaked out?

Oh look SQUIRREL
__________________
My Music
http://soundcloud.com/dark-universe/
RainDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #4
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,154
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDancer View Post
Well I know track one was me, after that, your guess is as good as mine It's the medication I say, it's the meds, people were kind enough to send me PM's which I read, thought I'd printed it all out. Had a birthday bash, cleared my message inbox, looked for printed stuff, couldn't find any, so just went back to drinking.

I've got several buddies in various states of beer infestation, one is a drummer, three are ex armed forces, two are paramedics, can you guess who's busy and who is flaked out?

Oh look SQUIRREL
The only one I don't really know is track 2, I think
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
Plankton
Chum
 
Plankton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,975
Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The only one I don't really know is track 2, I think
That sounds like ClassicRock, but I'm guessing.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
Plankton
Chum
 
Plankton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,975
Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

I did some quick album artwork. I'm guessing on a couple of the tunes on the second image, which is the album credits, so if you could be so kind as to help me out here, I can correct any mistakes.





These are supposed to be for anyone who would like to create a CD, but if you're at a loss on how to actually do this, I could do it for you and send you one with a little persuasion.

Last edited by Plankton; 12-07-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,154
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I did some quick album artwork. I'm guessing on a couple of the tunes on the second image, which is the album credits, so if you could be so kind as to help me out here, I can correct any mistakes.





These are supposed to be for anyone who would like to create a CD, but if you're at a loss on how to actually do this, I could do it for you and send you one with a little persuasion.
I am not number two at all but I am with Aly on Silent Night and Jingle Bell Rock. Very nice artwork.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #8
littlebadboy
Senior Member
 
littlebadboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 3,485
littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

Wow! Everything in it were beautiful!

Being rocker, I was inclined to Plankton's works. But everybody did such a wonderful job! I think I feel Christmas already! Totally had fun with the ones towards the end!
__________________
Squire CV50 BSB, Laguna LE300avb, Yamaha EG 112C2 The Guitar Bass Project, Ovation CS28
Boss GT-1 (demo), TC Ditto X4, Peavey Bandit 112 (red stripe US),
littlebadboy (personal projects) Carol Affection (90's band)
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:28 PM   #9
Plankton
Chum
 
Plankton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,975
Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default

I just listened to the entire thing. Really well done on all tracks, save for my clams, but this is a solid listen all the way through. Happy to be a part of it, and excellent job Rain!

...and if there's anything you don't like about the artwork, I can change it up.

Also, please, someone tell me who did what. Except for Cobalt. I got you down buddy. Thanks.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #10
Borodog
Senior Member
 
Borodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,053
Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow
Default

RD, when you get a chance, maybe upload the individual tracks; you can make a playlist of type "album". That way each track has a title and all.

You know, if you want.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons