Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 09-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #21
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
I will try. Run Run Rudolf was fun last year.
HEy ! How are you?

How is that Buffet Style Band coming along ?
Old 09-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #22
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

I'm good; ridiculously busy, which is why I haven't been around.

It's going ok, although slower than I would have hoped because I don't think anybody but me practices outside of rehearsal. :O/ But I've learned a metric shitload of Buffett and I'm having a great time.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #23
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Quote:
I'm good; ridiculously busy, which is why I haven't been around.

It's going ok, although slower than I would have hoped because I don't think anybody but me practices outside of rehearsal. :O/ But I've learned a metric shitload of Buffett and I'm having a great time.
Cool !! How many people in the group?
Old 09-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #24
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Too many. A couple of rhythm guitars (in addition to me), a lead electric guitarist, bass, drums (who will hopefully move to steel drum and be replaced by another drummer who is interested), and congas/percussion. The only key ingredient I still need is keys. They are ridiculously hard to fins around here. I've asked 5 or 6 keyboardists I know personally, and they are all too busy.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #25
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Classicrock, what are the rules & when is the deadline?

Who did the artwork & stuff last time? Was it RainDancer?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #26
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Too many. A couple of rhythm guitars (in addition to me), a lead electric guitarist, bass, drums (who will hopefully move to steel drum and be replaced by another drummer who is interested), and congas/percussion. The only key ingredient I still need is keys. They are ridiculously hard to fins around here. I've asked 5 or 6 keyboardists I know personally, and they are all too busy.
Yeah, that's definitely too many. No wonder it's going slow .

I've been learning a metric ton of songs myself for a new band. Since they are songs they have been doing a while, they don't need to practice outside of rehearsal...bastards . We are talking about some new songs so the party will be over for them soon .

We have a great keyboard player...makes a HUGE difference in a band. Opens up tons of songs and can backfill in those cases where you'd like to have a second guitar.

Hope it comes together for you!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #27
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Rain did the album mixing and put all the tracks together. Plankton supplied the great artwork. I would think the only rules would be the same as far as forum members only and shoot for having tracks in by November 1. As far as who would be willing to produce or supply artwork it would be volunteer requested. I could probably compile the songs but I doubt I could do as good of a job as we had last year. Rain knocked it out of the park.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #28
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I can do the artwork again this year if no one else steps up. As far as tuneage, I think I'll go with O Holy Night.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #29
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I can do the artwork again this year if no one else steps up. As far as tuneage, I think I'll go with O Holy Night.

YOU'RE HIRED !!!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #30
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Full benefits and a corner office with a window. Bringin home the bacon. Oh yeah...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote