Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 09-12-2017, 03:40 AM   #1
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies
Default Chasing Cars Cover - Father/Daughter collab

A few weeks ago I heard my daughter practicing this haunting song on the piano and asked her what it was. She said Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I listened to the original and thought hmmmm, this would be fun to record.

So this is my daughter on keyboards, myself on acoustic and electric guitar, and the one and only Aly on vocals. Drums and bass are from a backing track. I was so happy Aly could contribute the vocal track...that made it even more special.

Now to plan what we will do next .

https://soundcloud.com/ballistic_squ...d-rich-and-aly
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

I am honored to be part of this ! It turned out spectacular!!!!!
Emma is a natural on the piano, so talented. You must be so proud of her !
I am sharing this on all my social media sites.
I will collaborate with her again in a heart beat if the opportunity arises !

I want to live next door to the Maggio's Oh the fun we would have !

GOOD JOB EMMA !!!!!
Aly
Old 09-12-2017, 03:57 AM   #3
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Lovely! Great job everyone!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:17 AM   #4
BeachBill
Wannabe Guitar Picker

BeachBill Just getting started

I know the song but hadn't heard it in a while so I asked Alexa to play the original for me after I listened to your (trio) collaboration. WoW, you did an amazing job. I enjoyed it - a lot.
BeachBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #5
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Really nice job. I would not know the name of the song but I know the song. My wife listens to that type of music all the time. Sounds really good.

Although Aly's guitar sounds too loud to me.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #6
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Nice one.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #7
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I am honored to be part of this ! It turned out spectacular!!!!!
Emma is a natural on the piano, so talented. You must be so proud of her !
I am sharing this on all my social media sites.
I will collaborate with her again in a heart beat if the opportunity arises !

I want to live next door to the Maggio's Oh the fun we would have !

GOOD JOB EMMA !!!!!
Aly
I have to say when we were working on this it was a proud daddy moment . I think she has developed a really nice touch on the piano and her timing is quite good. She said to me "but this song is so easy". I told her the challenge here was fitting into the song and working with other people.

I'm so glad you were able to join in on this Aly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Really nice job. I would not know the name of the song but I know the song. My wife listens to that type of music all the time. Sounds really good.

Although Aly's guitar sounds too loud to me.
I told Aly to leave the wall of Marshall stacks at home, but would she listen!?!?!?

A friend of Emma's at camp introduced her to this song. She really liked it and learned how to play it from some youtube video. The song was used for a season finale on the show Grey's Anatomy...that was what made the song popular.

Thanks so much everybody for the feedback. Emma will probably be embarrassed by the complements .
Old 09-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started

That really was enjoyable. All of you did a great job. Must of been a sweet moment for you as a dad aswell !!
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #9
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
I have to say when we were working on this it was a proud daddy moment . I think she has developed a really nice touch on the piano and her timing is quite good. She said to me "but this song is so easy". I told her the challenge here was fitting into the song and working with other people.

I'm so glad you were able to join in on this Aly.

I told Aly to leave the wall of Marshall stacks at home, but would she listen!?!?!?

A friend of Emma's at camp introduced her to this song. She really liked it and learned how to play it from some youtube video. The song was used for a season finale on the show Grey's Anatomy...that was what made the song popular.

Thanks so much everybody for the feedback. Emma will probably be embarrassed by the complements .
It's funny that you mentioned Grey's Anatomy but my wife gets a LOT of her music from TV shows like that.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
That really was enjoyable. All of you did a great job. Must of been a sweet moment for you as a dad aswell !!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It was a special moment for sure. I was surprised that she followed through with it...you know how fickle teenagers can be . Hopefully I can interest her in doing some more. I have to get my other 2 involved as well.

I asked my younger son, who is taking piano lessons also, what song he thought he'd like to work on. Immediately he says "Madness" by Muse. I've created a monster with him introducing him to Muse. That one will require some more work on my part. My older son is taking viola lessons. He got a book with melodies from some classic rock songs. So I hope to record something where he plays the main melody on his viola.