Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #1
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing
Default Really cool documentary on Netflix.

I heard a recommendation from my local radio station this morning about a documentary on the lives of studio/live session players on Netflix called Hired Gun.

So, when I got home from work, I fired up Netflix and had a really amazing hour and 16 minutes of what it was and is like from the past to the present from quite a lot of the high end musicians that are hired to play.

Have a look if you get a chance.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:44 AM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I heard a recommendation from my local radio station this morning about a documentary on the lives of studio/live session players on Netflix called Hired Gun.

So, when I got home from work, I fired up Netflix and had a really amazing hour and 16 minutes of what it was and is like from the past to the present from quite a lot of the high end musicians that are hired to play.

Have a look if you get a chance.
Thanks for the recommendation! I was looking for something decent to watch.....
Old 12-12-2017, 01:46 AM   #3
FromSPAAACE

FromSPAAACE Just getting started

I'll check it out! Thanks, Keith.
FromSPAAACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #4
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

I have seen it, and it really is a great Doc!
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Watched it, it was GREAT !!!
I can't even imagine how people can play like those in the documentary, phenomenal !
I was really surprised by how little they are/were paid....whoah...
Thanks Keith!
Old 12-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

I will have to check this out...thanks of for the heads up!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #7
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I'll put it in my watch list. I'm fascinated by session players. Some folks dream of being rock stars; fame and fortune. Me, I would have liked to have been an anonymous session player.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
I'll put it in my watch list. I'm fascinated by session players. Some folks dream of being rock stars; fame and fortune. Me, I would have liked to have been an anonymous session player.
To be an in demand studio musician you gotta know your shit! I think it would be cool too. I enjoy the process of recording. It's part of the appeal of doing collaborations on line...you get to pretend to be a studio musician .

Most of you probably know this already, but Jimmy Page started out as a studio musician.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #9
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

"Jaco" is an interesting story too. Sad, but lots of lessons to learn.

I also watched Metallica's documentary and Breaking a Monster which is about African American kids who plays awesome metal.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #10
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Cool something to watch, I really liked the Muscle Shoals Documentary I saw on Netflix.