Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 03:10 AM   #11
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Muscle Shoals was really good too!

There is an Eagles doc on Netflix too that is super good.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:50 AM   #12
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Thanks for starting this thread. I just watched it. Very good.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #13
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I just watched it. Very good.
If You haven't seen Muscle Shoals or the Eagles one, both on Netflix, they are both super good!
Old 12-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #14
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
If You haven't seen Muscle Shoals or the Eagles one, both on Netflix, they are both super good!
I'll check them out, thanks!
Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #15
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Thanks Keith! I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Very eye opening. Gotta love Alice Cooper, what a great guy and talent farm he is. The Billy Joel story is intense, no spoilers but what an insight into some of these front men how they treat their musicians.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #16
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
Thanks Keith! I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Very eye opening. Gotta love Alice Cooper, what a great guy and talent farm he is. The Billy Joel story is intense, no spoilers but what an insight into some of these front men how they treat their musicians.
I know ! I felt bad for these talented musicians & had no idea !
Old 12-13-2017, 03:14 PM   #17
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Yeah, they were both great. I should watch Muscle Shoals again. I find these documentaries enjoyable and inspiring.

I added this one to my Netflix watch list. Also found a cool John Coltrane documentary...and the George Harrison one. Now to find some time to watch them .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #18
Seattle

I thought it was interesting how some of them assumed that they would be a gun for hire forever when the history of their industry didn't bare that out. Others managed to move from group to group and were usually employed.

It was also interesting how some were able to make a good living and others were barely making a living. The more proactive ones did the best it seems. Alice Cooper was an interesting case. Billy Joel's guys probably made more money while they were with him but they didn't position themselves well for the future.

The one guy who Billy kept around the longest (and should have known better) is the one who seemed the least prepared and the most surprised.

Initially I though this documentary was going to be more about studio musicians, who I think are paid well.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #19
Jusca

Jusca Just getting started

thanks! I'll check it out soon. I love musician documentaries.
Jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #20
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

I watched this last night, it was really good. Agree with everyone about "Muscle Shoals" being a great documentary, as well as "The Wrecking Crew". Both were an eye opener as to how record albums were really made back in the 60's and 70's. Watching "Hired Guns", I was shocked at how little money these touring musicians make. And they're the cream of the crop, the absolute best of the best.

I was hoping my retirement career of being a rock-n-roll star would pay better.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote