Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #21
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
A very tough call. Pizza vs a 335?? Hmmm... thats quite the dilemma.

I'd go as far as saying "Somebody who claims to love pizza would never buy a pizza OTHER than a circular pizza." Sicilian is good, but when I think 'pizza'?? Its round.
That heart shaped pizza is still buggin' me.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and man, THATS some desperate shit right there.
I applaud your dedication to the slice.

LOL I've used sliced bread, flour tortillas, french bread (that's actually really good and a real thing), english muffin... sometimes i NEED pizza. I usually have 2 or 3 in the freezer though now and extra cheese in the fridge. That's gets my by between the times we have real take out pizza lol
Old 12-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #22
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

A couple months ago I was eating pizza for dinner every day.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #23
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

See that's the life man!
Old 12-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #24
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
A couple months ago I was eating pizza for dinner every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
See that's the life man!
That IS Nirvana.

(Not the band )

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:54 AM   #25
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

I love pizza but if I ate it everyday I would be way over weight. Where I live in the sticks there is a pizza place and the pizza is expensive and just ok at best. There is a gas station though that gets a variety of take and bake pizzas each weekend from Papa Murphy and they are actually pretty good. We have probably have about three a month. Im not picky about what kind at all but my wife is. The last one we had I mentioned to her that it tasted really really strong of mushrooms and I like mushrooms but this one had a lot. She then explained that she picked all the mushrooms off one side of it (she hates them) and put them on the side that was pretty much all mine. lol. No wonder!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:54 AM   #26
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

LOVE PIZZA!!! Could eat it nearly every night. Thin crust saucy cheesy pepperoni yummm. I'll eat frozen pizza Palermo's, DiGiorno's.
Take out Pizza Hut thin crust is actually pretty good with extra cheese. We have a special pizza saved on their order site. A Gail special (thats my wife) thin crust extra cheese pepperoni with added mushrooms and black olives on half.
Pappa Murphy's absolutely works, take and bake.

I just marked an item off of my bucket list last year to have real Chicago deep dish pizza in Chicago. Loved it. They just opened a Giordanos in Phoenix. Cant wait to go.

In my small town we have 3 real sit down restaurants, a hand full of fast food joints and 9 pizza places. I'll eat at any one of them, any time. Probably my favorite place in town is called Brooklyn Brothers. Supposed to be real NYC style but that's what they all say.

Real NYC pizza in NYC is still on my bucket list.

Do I love pizza more than you?..... It's possible.
classicrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #27
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
LOVE PIZZA!!! Could eat it nearly every night. Thin crust saucy cheesy pepperoni yummm. I'll eat frozen pizza Palermo's, DiGiorno's.
Take out Pizza Hut thin crust is actually pretty good with extra cheese. W

Real NYC pizza in NYC is still on my bucket list.

Do I love pizza more than you?..... It's possible.
re: bold- arrrrghhhhhhh!

I read about a pizza joint in CA, that sells "real NY pizza." They supposedly have NY water flown in. That's supposedly the secret.

I literally get sick from chain pizza places.

@ZWolf- I HATE super thin crust. I also hate super oily cheese.

One of the best pizza joints I've been to, was this family institution that's been around for 50 years. Perfect crust, cheese wasn't oily. Run by an Irish family.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #28
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
One of the best pizza joints I've been to, was this family institution that's been around for 50 years. Perfect crust, cheese wasn't oily. Run by an Irish family.
Didnt you notice the look of fear on those Irish faces?? That was an Irish family that crossed an Italian family. The Italians were in the back giving out some 'encouragement' for the Irish to make the pizza, and make it DAMN good, or....

(Thats why they're making pizza for 50 years and collecting only 10 cents on the dollar. Thats the normal "deal one cant refuse". )

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:02 PM   #29
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I used to play guitar with a pizza chef. He would bake pizza on the BBQ grill. Strange pizzas with different cheeses and meats than I see on other pizzas. His pizza was delicious. He made a lot of money making pizza, he played a vintage reissue guitar that cost about $ 6000. I was afraid to play it, afraid I might scratch the guitar.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #30
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

This may be a uniquely NJ thing, but has anyone ever run into this, in a pizzeria? A deep fried hot dog, with deep fried potatoes in, I think pita bread? I've only seen this in Essex county, where I grew up, and only predominantly Italian neighborhoods. For you Jerseyites: if you're anywhere near Montclair Ave, I think a place called Ting-A-Lings still exists.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote