Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma
Default Strange Sighting in the sky

Last night on my way home from the store I spotted this in the sky and had to stop my car, get out and take a photo and some video.

I later found out it was the SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB in Northern Calfornia. I took this from near where I live just South of Phoenix Arizona.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

It looks kinda like Elvis. Just sayin'.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Looks like it was going mostly sideways.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Hey even if it wasn't ET , still a cool thing to see!
Old 12-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #5
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

It was over 500 miles away over the Pacific Ocean.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
It was over 500 miles away over the Pacific Ocean.
Hi Classic rock after my post, its put the thought in our minds. Its Elon musks falcon 9 rocket.Just saw it on the news.

After other similar sightings in the world with the same appearance. I learned what these look like. But if anyone does see anything unusual it always worth finding out what it is. The real unknowns come out at about 5%. Its those 5% that are the most interesting. Learning about other natural and man made objects in the sky is good knowledge. So good post CR

Apologies didn't see your last comment CR

Way cool to see that though. I never get to see things like that in the UK
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Nice shot. It does not look 500 miles away so that's pretty cool. My first guess was a helicopter with a spotlight on it but that just goes to show show you how some of these photos can look and seem like something alien but in reality they are not.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Nice shot. It does not look 500 miles away so that's pretty cool. My first guess was a helicopter with a spotlight on it but that just goes to show show you how some of these photos can look and seem like something alien but in reality they are not.
That is so very true Cobalt . Its something you learn pretty quick early on. Is how many people can get fooled into thinking something is unusual in the sky. Even seasoned astronomers that i used to converse with have been perplexed about objects that also turned out to be man made. So you are 100& correct

But I assure anyone who may be thinking this explains the ufo brigade. That is not the case In the slightest, I could give numerous instances that show this

For example the Nimtz encounter recorded on multiple RADARS at the same time. High quality white and IR light. Flying in a way that defies our current technology
So always worth reporting things even if 95% of them turn out to have mundane explanations.
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #9
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

The shots from Vandenberg when on the ocean are spectacular. Instead of the light you see in the photo, you see a remaining green glow as the rocket ascends.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #10
wilson

wilson Just getting started

I saw it too Classic Rock. I'm in Mesa ...