Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default How's The Weather?

There's a humongo cold blast blanketing the US (do we blame Canada?) it seems.

It's 20F out now, with real feel of 11F and supposedly getting colder over this weekend.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Cool but no snow here in Florida.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

-1F here. Ugh. And wife wants to go to Medieval Times later tonight. Argh.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Bout 15 degrees with 5" of fresh white fluffy global warming on the ground.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #5
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

Last night the temp dropped to -28c (-34c with the windchill). Right now, we're sitting at -12c with a windchill of -18c. I just got in from cranking up the snowblower to remove 3 inches of snow from the driveway and sidewalk. Just another normal day up here in Igloo County
Old 12-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Cold, and I hate it...
Old 12-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
There's a humongo cold blast blanketing the US (do we blame Canada?) it seems.

It's 20F out now, with real feel of 11F and supposedly getting colder over this weekend.
About 25 here. Going out to walk the dogs in ten minutes. Yesterday the herd of wild horses we walk by a lot added 2 new babies. I don't know how they do it.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
KamaK
Retired

KamaK Just getting started

Personally, I think it's good to have a cold week each year. It lets you know that your car's battery is on the edge and should be replaced. It gives you perspective and reminds you what cold really is. Kills the ticks and africanized bees.

As long as it only takes a week and then goes away, I'm down with it.
KamaK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaK View Post
Personally, I think it's good to have a cold week each year. It lets you know that your car's battery is on the edge and should be replaced. It gives you perspective and reminds you what cold really is. Kills the ticks and africanized bees.

As long as it only takes a week and then goes away, I'm down with it.
Man truth! Last week that happened to me, dead battery, dang it!

here, we had really cold like 9, then it warmed up to about 33 for highs in the day times, we got a buttload of snow, (GRRRRR), last night we had freezing rain, everything covered in ice now, now it's supposed to get colder again, so yay, all this snow and ice will be here for a while, ...I freaken HATE snow!!!
Old 12-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

You all can make fun of me all summer long when it's 5 months of triple digit but yesterday it was beautiful clear and 77f. People walking around in shorts and wearing short sleeve T shirts.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote