Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #21
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

3 crowns in one year? Dang, feel like I should send you a sympathy card! The pain, torture and money spent!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #22
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
No go. It's considered "dental."

I've had worse pain, but this is just really distracting. I had my son take a close-up pic, and it looks disgusting. I noticed the crown doesn't go under the gum line. At minimum, I foresee a new crown with my regular guy- but that means next week.

Damn, I was gonna give my regular guy a call yesterday, but got caught up in work nonsense, and it wasn't that bad during the day, but I knew it was brewing.
A few years ago I had a crown, it hurt, the dentist told me for a few days, a person can take both advil and tylenol at the same time, it REALLY cut the pain down. 2 each at the same time. Tried that?
Old 01-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #23
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
My teeth are pretty decent but I have had two pulled long ago. Same story, they would not hold a crown and I got tired of buying them.

I don't have dental insurance at all anymore but the last year I have had 3 crowns replaced. The dentist seems to be fair. Last time I had two done at once and if I used Care Credit which gives you a year to pay the cost was something around $1800. I did not have my card that day and when the girl called she said, they need to talk with you. I said to hang up I would just use my ATM. So she says, oh you get a discount then and it came to $1400. Did not understand that but I did not complain at all.
Care Credit is a financing plan. Likely, if you don't pay within the specified time, you get hit with massive interest. Paying on the spot in total saved you $400.

There's so many dentists in NYC I could get a new crown for less than $700. That's a new Strat!

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #24
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

I just a few days ago, shelled out 940 out of pocket... 940 I didn't actually 'have' to spend.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #25
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
3 crowns in one year? Dang, feel like I should send you a sympathy card! The pain, torture and money spent!
Just crown replacements and very little else needed to be done. Some slight prep work but all the root canals were still good with those teeth.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #26
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

I had dental insurance in California that I bought myself for years. It was pretty decent but for about 15 years I barely used it. Moved to Nevada and after we had been here for a year and a half they send us a letter in the mail and said they do not cover the state of Nevada. I call them and ask them for a refund then for the 18 months they were taking my money when I was really not insured anymore. Assholes only have me one month back.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #27
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Just crown replacements and very little else needed to be done. Some slight prep work but all the root canals were still good with those teeth.
But still.... just being in the chair, people screwing with your teeth, that's torture to me. What freaks me out, is taking off a glued down crown, seems like it would pull the whole tooth up a bit, yikes!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #28
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Oh, 3 crowns. That's still a fair bit of $. I couldn't look into people's disgusting mouths all day. And feet. I could never be a podiatrist.

Now that Holly's here, she can show us her giant flippers. Size 18s is the word on the street.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #29
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
But still.... just being in the chair, people screwing with your teeth, that's torture to me. What freaks me out, is taking off a glued down crown, seems like it would pull the whole tooth up a bit, yikes!
I agree, there was some drilling. Talking about yanking off an old crown brought back some memories from long ago. I went to a new Dentist for a root canal and he put the crown on and I went home and pain started. Terrible pain so in a day or two I had to go back and he had to use a hammer of some sort to get the crown off. It was awful. The pain came from the fact that he broke a drill off in the canal and left it there. Hated that dentist.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #30
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
The pain came from the fact that he broke a drill off in the canal and left it there. Hated that dentist.
1-800-LAWSUIT.