Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #41
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Try his book, Democracy: The God That Failed, and his other writings.

His position on immigration is well known, and he's a darling of white nationalist groups. Interesting, in light of him being an immigrant himself, but of course, he's the *right* kind of immigrant.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
I'm familiar with the book which is a critique of Democracy and rightfully so. Democracy is mob rule.

In regards to immigration he is actually for it. it's the welfare state he is critical of.

You can read his view here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/1970/01/...d-integration/

Herman Hoppe is an economist and philosopher. I think you're description of him is inaccurate.
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #42
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
I'm familiar with the book which is a critique of Democracy and rightfully so. Democracy is mob rule.

In regards to immigration he is actually for it. it's the welfare state he is critical of.

You can read his view here: https://www.lewrockwell.com/1970/01/...d-integration/

Herman Hoppe is an economist and philosopher. I think you're description of him is inaccurate.

His words regarding (restricted) immigration, of which he is in favor: "superior (above-average) intellectual performance and character structure as well as a compatible system of values". These requirements will, he argued, result in a "systematic pro-European immigration bias."

Also his words: Hoppe writes that towns and villages could have warning signs saying "no beggars, bums, or homeless, but also no homosexuals, drug users, Jews, Moslems, Germans, or Zulus- Democracy: The God That Failed. Not my words, his. I guess we have different interpretations of what a xenophobe is. Hoppe isn't embraced by the alt-right for nothing.

As a philosopher, he's been debunked for his circular reasoning. As an economist, well, you can re-read what he says about monarchists.

I think my description is dead-on, since I've taken the totality of what he's written into account.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #43
Smedley Fingers

Quote:
[/B]

His words regarding (restricted) immigration, of which he is in favor: "superior (above-average) intellectual performance and character structure as well as a compatible system of values". These requirements will, he argued, result in a "systematic pro-European immigration bias."

Also his words: Hoppe writes that towns and villages could have warning signs saying "no beggars, bums, or homeless, but also no homosexuals, drug users, Jews, Moslems, Germans, or Zulus- Democracy: The God That Failed. Not my words, his. I guess we have different interpretations of what a xenophobe is. Hoppe isn't embraced by the alt-right for nothing.

As a philosopher, he's been debunked for his circular reasoning. As an economist, well, you can re-read what he says about monarchists.

I think my description is dead-on, since I've taken the totality of what he's written into account.
Totally out of context. he is talking about a society based on Private property. People can have what ever restrictions they want as long as they damage don't property owned by others. You can add to that list smokers, non-smokers, Catholics, families with children or without children.

You seem top be stuck in the whole left - right thing. is there anyone who has a point of view contrary to yours that is not "Alt-right" or what ever label of the day is?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #44
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
Totally out of context. he is talking about a society based on Private property. People can have what ever restrictions they want as long as they damage don't property owned by others. You can add to that list smokers, non-smokers, Catholics, families with children or without children.

You seem top be stuck in the whole left - right thing. is there anyone who has a point of view contrary to yours that is not "Alt-right" or what ever label of the day is?
If you choose to dismiss his words, your choice. The alt-right has embraced him.

If you can embrace certain things he's said, while ignoring others, your choice. Without a doubt, he's for restricted immigration, limited to Europeans; are you denying that? Ignoring a fact doesn't make it untrue.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #45
Smedley Fingers

Quote:
If you choose to dismiss his words, your choice. The alt-right has embraced him.

If you can embrace certain things he's said, while ignoring others, your choice. Without a doubt, he's for restricted immigration, limited to Europeans; are you denying that? Ignoring a fact doesn't make it untrue.
Rather than referring to him as Alt-Right I can sum up his philosophy simply. The only moral use of force is in defense of person or property. That's it.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #46
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Regarding Hoppe being "debunked" for "circular reasoning", lol.

Regarding his position on immigration, he's simply wrong. Doesn't make him a nazi. Nor does it change the economics of insurance, which are pretty straightforward and easy to understand.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #47
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
since I've taken the totality of what he's written into account.
lololol

Yes, I'm sure you've read everything Hans-Hermann Hoppe has written.

Strike that; I'm actually sure you've read nothing he's written except a few quotes from whatever lefty blog popped up when you googled his name.

For the record, Democracy: The God That Failed is fantastic. It's a meticulously researched and devastatingly argued masterpiece. You would do yourself a favor if you actually bothered to read it. But you won't.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #48
Borodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Borodog, I am sure you have a few pre-existing conditions yourself. How would you feel if your insurance was taken away or if you could no longer afford the premiums due to those pre-existing conditions? Most people change their tune when something hits close to home.
How I would "feel" wouldn't change the economics of the insurance market. And for the record, it terrifies me that the government is destroying the healthcare system that me and my family will inevitably need. We are all already impoverished compared to what would have occurred had the government kept its greedy, grasping mitts off healthcare and insurance for the last century. People have no idea the dynamite they are playing with when they want to Venezuela-ize these industries. My only hope is that markets can innovate faster than the government can destroy them.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:10 PM   #49
G-man
Holds An Impotent Sanity

G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose G-man can suck a golf ball through a garden hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
lololol

Strike that; I'm actually sure you've read nothing he's written except a few quotes from whatever lefty blog popped up when you googled his name.

For the record, Democracy: The God That Failed is fantastic. It's a meticulously researched and devastatingly argued masterpiece. You would do yourself a favor if you actually bothered to read it. But you won't.
Apparently he's a good chap too.
EHX Big Muff Pi, Boss OD-1E, EHX Holy Grail Nano,
Diddly Bo (handmade), DD7.
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:09 AM   #50
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
lololol

You've asserted nothing to refute what I've said; you did, however agree with me on one point. Because you agree with his economic philosophy doesn't make his philosophy true.

Long, your other source, said that Hoppe engaged in circular reasoning. If you believe in formal logic, you can't disagree with Long's assessment. If you don't agree with formal logic, well, your choice.

Dragging in "lefty" labels to support your position on me only exposes your weak argument, not mine.