Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > DIY

Old 05-06-2016, 04:57 PM   #11
classicrock

classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate

I bought templates from StewMac for the pickups and the control cavity. I also bought from them the luthier router bits, they are only 1/2" blade area top bearing bits as opposed to the 1" bits I can find at other sources. So its routing time.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:42 AM   #12
classicrock

classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate

I finally got back to this project and finished it today. The delay was do to an unhappy router accident where the neck template slipped and I put a large gouge in the side of the neck pocket. So I put the body away for a while until I figured out what to do about it. I came across the body a couple of weeks ago and while looking at it I got an inspiration. I can route the damage area out and fill it with an accent hardwood. I got to work and this is what I came up with. It sounds and plays great. I can't say enough how much I love the pickup combination and I finally have what I've always wanted. A Fender necked les Paul. I call it the Maraudercaster. It really is my dream guitar come to life. I feel like a lot of myself is in this guitar. I made almost every mistake you could make along the way and learned a whole bunch.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #13
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Awesome!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #14
classicrock

Thanks littlebadboy!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

That's one pretty guitar! I like your idea for repairing the router accident. It looks great.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote