Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 PM   #61
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedog View Post
"The Arabs" is absurdly broad—and the majority of Arabs in the area in question are actually just fine with a two-state solution, from every recent opinion poll I've been able to find.
Arabs from the area of Palestine, have reject the two state solution 5 times since 1947. That bird don't fly.

The Khartoum Resolution
Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #62
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Israel isn't going anywhere soon. Fact of the matter is that they took a godforsaken desert that was basically for Bedouins and turned it into a vibrant and successful land when the original inhabitants never even had a clue. I'm sure that that is a considerable rub to those that couldn't nor never thought to.

With all the land, all the wealth, NOT ONE Arab state has ever offered to take in their brethren in "Palestine", NOT ONE. It would be the PR coup of the Century to do so, but maybe they know more about the "Palestinians" than we do. After all, when Israel HAS turned over territory, the Pals promptly destroyed much of everything that was developed because the Jews did the building.

Britain was behind the annexation of those lands to the Israeli's, part in guilt, part in an attempt to rid themselves of the problem. The UN just made it official.

Also at that time, the Arab population had zero influence in matters of state in that era. They were considered less that fleas on a dogs back after the bigs won the war. They were an afterthought, perhaps that is why the annexation was such a bad idea, but NOBODY wanted to take in the Jews. Russia surely didn't, Britain surely didn't and We actually turned them away in ships at our doorstep.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:55 PM   #63
Z. Wolf
Central Scrutinizer

Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Help from Russia has yet to be determined.
Now I'm not saying head is worse than foreign help, but suspicion of foreign help doesn't make a sexual predator any less of a sexual predator.
That's why I'm so perplexed. Clinton balanced the budget, had a surplus and was a sexual predator. Why don't Con s like him? Seems like a match made in Rightie heaven..
Old 12-09-2017, 01:23 PM   #64
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z. Wolf View Post
That's why I'm so perplexed. Clinton balanced the budget, had a surplus and was a sexual predator. Why don't Con s like him? Seems like a match made in Rightie heaven..

Clinton + his republican congress did a pretty good job.

Have you checked the Predator Scorecard lately? This is one case where I don't consider either of the major parties to have any particular strength over the other.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #65
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z. Wolf View Post
The Clinton era was when we openly stopped judging men on the content of their character, this has recently turned around to bite us in the ass.

Last edited by Smith357; 12-09-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Smith357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #66
Highroller

Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Nixon wasn't Impeached.
Technically, this is correct, but misleading. The Senate trial never took place, because Nixon resigned to avoid it. The House had passed 3 Articles of Impeachment (of 5 being considered at the time, iirc), so Nixon was most definitely in the process of being impeached.

Had he not resigned, he would have gone on trial. And unlike Clinton, whose impeachment was clearly politically motivated, Nixon didn't have enough support in the Senate to get an acquittal. It was close to a certainty that he'd be convicted.

Not that it matters much 7 pages into this thread, but I just wanted to clarify that one little point. I remember that time pretty well. It was a real low point for the country, almost as low as now!
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #67
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Or, maybe the UN of '48 isn't the same UN of oh-'17 ...
That's fair, but it's not like this hasn't been an ongoing thing since '48.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith357 View Post
Arabs from the area of Palestine, have reject the two state solution 5 times since 1947. That bird don't fly.
There have certainly been rejections of two state propositions that were unfavourable, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
After all, when Israel HAS turned over territory, the Pals promptly destroyed much of everything that was developed because the Jews did the building.
Gaza? Hamas is probably not the best indicator of Palestine generally. Then again, if country A cedes territory to country B, it's none of country A's business as to whether country B leaves their buildings standing or not.