Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 01-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Guitar Insanity

I took this pic last night, to see how my new guitar looked. I think 10 guitars can be seen here, and I have at least 5 in closets.

I think I'm selling the Epi 339 pro, possibly the Epi SG, and the Ibanez AG-95 which is far right. The PRS may even go. I'd break even, probably, if sold locally. Possibly make a bit on it.

Everything looks tilted, because I live on a boat.

But, this is getting ridiculous.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Jeez, looks like a music store!
OK project for you, replace strings on all, get them all in tune perfectly to each other.
Nightmare!

re boat-.. wouldn't you and the camera tilt also with the guitars?
Old 01-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

If I was younger I would be the same way but these days I feel guilty if one is left unplayed.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Jeez, looks like a music store!
OK project for you, replace strings on all, get them all in tune perfectly to each other.
Nightmare!

re boat-.. wouldn't you and the camera tilt also with the guitars?
There's a gyroscope in my phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
If I was younger I would be the same way but these days I feel guilty if one is left unplayed.
When you get old is the time to get crazy.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

That's not insanity, that's just a minor case of hoarding.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #6
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
There's a gyroscope in my phone.When you get old is the time to get crazy.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Oh ok, that makes sense then. Or your just off balance from that big abscess freaking your brain out! heh heh
Old 01-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post

I took this pic last night, to see how my new guitar looked. I think 10 guitars can be seen here, and I have at least 5 in closets.

I think I'm selling the Epi 339 pro, possibly the Epi SG, and the Ibanez AG-95 which is far right. The PRS may even go. I'd break even, probably, if sold locally. Possibly make a bit on it.

Everything looks tilted, because I live on a boat.

But, this is getting ridiculous.
Great family pic Silimtao and for the record I love Epiphone's. I am GASing for a Epi ES339 so my question would be if you don't mind, what is the reason you are selling the ES339? I don't live near any major guitar stores so I don't have the opportunity to try one, so word of mouth and youtube videos is my only resource.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith357 View Post
That's not insanity, that's just a minor case of hoarding.
For once, Smith and I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Great family pic Silimtao and for the record I love Epiphone's. I am GASing for a Epi ES339 so my question would be if you don't mind, what is the reason you are selling the ES339? I don't live near any major guitar stores so I don't have the opportunity to try one, so word of mouth and youtube videos is my only resource.
Anyone can ask me about any of my gear, so, no problem.

It simply doesn't get enough play. I've always wanted a 335, but those bodies are HUGE. From what I had read, the 339 is like a "mini 335," I was in a GASsy mood, and found it for fairly cheap, with HSC- absolutely mint. As you probably know, they coil split, and you get great tonal variety. I can tell you, the build quality is outstanding. I had never played one myself, and bought it blind. I didn't even know this until just now, when I looked- it's made in China. Some really quality instruments are coming from there, like the Fender Classic Vibes.

I'm just thinning the herd, and it's time I got rid of those guitars I simply don't play. The red Epi SG I bought for my son years ago, but he doesn't play. That's a quality guitar as well. It could use a pup upgrade, imo, but some might find it fine stock. The yellow LP on far right is an Epi LP- solid maple body, I think maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. That sounds absolutely fantastic with the stock p90s, but I intend to mod it with the pups Fill gave me. THAT will be a killer guitar.

The Gretsch was a great mod. TV Jones pickups are just killer. For the cost of the guitar and pups, both from ebay, the total was less than if I bought only the Gretsch brand new. I think I got a HSC as well. I've gotten great deals from ebay, and every single one, was just as described. So far, all mint.

At the end of the day, I'm a Fender fanboy, and you can see my American Telly on the floor (I always cringe, when I see people do that)- I'm running out of space! I have more wall hangers, but I know I'll have a need to fill them, so I'm not putting up more wall hangers for now. I may have to, as I've run out of guitar stands.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:06 PM   #9
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Just sell all the ones you don't play, that will clean up your space, fill up your bank account, and you can take your time online researching about anything you really want and we all know that researching and waiting for a deal is half the fun.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:14 PM   #10
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Just sell all the ones you don't play, that will clean up your space, fill up your bank account, and you can take your time online researching about anything you really want and we all know that researching and waiting for a deal is half the fun.
If I sold all the ones I don't play, I'd have maybe 4 guitars. Are you insane?