Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 09-22-2016, 01:25 AM   #11
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesr1963 View Post
The mosh pit here ain't shit. I spent 5 years, 2002 to 2007 in the Guitar Jam. There was no mercy. The great thing about forums is I don't have to sleep with anyone here. Plus this isn't my main forum. This is about 5th on the list. One I've been part of for 14 years another 7 years and another for 8 years. I've tried the Mosh pit a couple times but there are to many who are there to simply one up you and I end up kicking them in the balls and walking off.
Well that makes my point.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #12
Mikesr1963
Banned

Mikesr1963 Just getting started

I love nude women of all adult ages, adult shapes, and adult sizes. Shoot me a couple I'll love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Do I have to post nude pictures Believe me, you would not want to see that!

Should I run for office?
Mikesr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #13
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Here's my take on the mosh pit. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion regardless of how many facts or how much logic you use. Most people who discuss those types of topics have deep seeded opinions that would only change if some sort of deity told them it was different.

It's like when my father and I argue about politics. By the end of the conversation I want to fuckin punch him in the throat but I still love him lol. If I could punch you guys through the internet, believe me, I would want to. But, I still like (most) of you.

Except you Cobalt. I tolerate you.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:49 AM   #14
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Regarding the Mosh Pit, I seem to remember reading it was an 'experiment'. Well given that it has achieved nothing more than division I think it's safe to say, the experiment has failed.

As has been stated already, peoples opinions are often deep seated, so all we get are circular arguments that don't go anywhere or change anything.

Sure people don't have to go to the pit, but if you label a button that says 'Don't push' well people will push it to see what happens. The button starts a huge fan, then the poop launcher fires.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:51 AM   #15
Mikesr1963
Banned

Couple things that slow my participation here is the difficulty in posting pictures and Youtube video. Other boards I like and have been with a long time you can copy and post photos and post the link to a Youtube video and a screen appears when posted.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:00 AM   #16
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
Here's my take on the mosh pit. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion regardless of how many facts or how much logic you use. Most people who discuss those types of topics have deep seeded opinions that would only change if some sort of deity told them it was different.

It's like when my father and I argue about politics. By the end of the conversation I want to fuckin punch him in the throat but I still love him lol. If I could punch you guys through the internet, believe me, I would want to. But, I still like (most) of you.

Except you Cobalt. I tolerate you.
Foo Fighters suck!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #17
pauln
Guitarist

pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts pauln Has Anal Warts

Probably the same reason for lack of interest in every other kind of entity.

Starts off focused and useful.

Then branches out into other things (typically bad ideas).

There are numerous companies that offered a focused product, for decades, very successful, then bad advice led them to branch out.

That causes the resources to be spread out with negative effect on the original product and confusion for the buyer... just look at Fender. Decades of a focus on just a few models, now thousands of products all over the place. Much less control and management of quality, design, common sense, etc.

Guitarforums should be about guitars and amps, not about fights over headlines and other diversions. I gauge this site by the Skills section... I like to learn things and help others if I can. Days go by and apparently none of the 67,654 current members feel compelled to ask or answer threads.

It is 8 o'clock on a Wednesday evening and only 11 of those 67,654 members are here right now.
pauln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:08 AM   #18
Mikesr1963
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesr1963 View Post
I love nude women of all adult ages, adult shapes, and adult sizes. Shoot me a couple I'll love it.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:09 AM   #19
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I do believe that the pit has driven a wedge between members that would otherwise talk about guitars and such. I've been just as guilty as the next for wanting to converse in a forum that I know is going to get heated and defensive. Others seem to relish long posts making everyone seem the fool, and that doesn't help either whether they are brilliant or not.

Perhaps it should be limited to gear, recording, performing or learning, because some of the things I have learned I don't care for at all about people I don't even know.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #20
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Foo Fighters suck!
Oh, for foo's sakes
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote