Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 10-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started
Default Posting pictures

I notice when I want to post a picture I have to upload and it is on the post as a link.

How do people directly paste photos onto a message?

I tried copying and pasting but the paste option does not work.
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Are you using your phone?. I cant post a pick on my phone, and have to use pc.

Use the square image icon next to the quotes icon.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Smedley Fingers

Smedley Fingers Just getting started Smedley Fingers Just getting started

I don't see the square or the quotes Icon. I'm posting from a PC. Any way you can provide a screen shot?
Smedley Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
Gone Shootin'

Location: Seattle - it's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
Gone Shootin' Just getting started

uploading a pic to a forum only makes it an attachment.

to post it directly into the topic thread:

1. upload it to personal web space of some type.
2. copy the link to that pic.
3. paste that link inside the [img][/img] tags.
4. picture appears.

[img ]https://eskimo.com/~riffraff/images/beavis.gif[/img ] <--- the spaces disable the HTML tag, so you can see this example.

Gibson SGs, Marshall, Boss, M-Audio
Gone Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley Fingers View Post
I notice when I want to post a picture I have to upload and it is on the post as a link.

How do people directly paste photos onto a message?

I tried copying and pasting but the paste option does not work.
I use Photobucket and you upload your photo there and then they have 6-7 ways to share. You copy the one that says IMG. Then you just paste that into your post and the image will appear. There is no need to do use the IMG brackets as Photobucket will include them for you. I have the Photobucket app on my phone and it works the same way for me.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

This is the advanced feature you must have it as you use this for typing messages.

You can see it at the bottom of the thread page aswell for quick reply.

Just paste the link in the box provided.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #7
MikeyH
Geezer

MikeyH Just getting started

For me (mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan/Safari) .jpg files appear here as "thumbnail" links (without thumbnails in my browser) that members can view by clicking. Oddly, larger, slower-loading .png files load as viewable images.
MikeyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #8
Jase
Principe del Galles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyH View Post
For me (mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan/Safari) .jpg files appear here as "thumbnail" links (without thumbnails in my browser) that members can view by clicking. Oddly, larger, slower-loading .png files load as viewable images.
Im unable to post pics through my phone and i just get that square thumbnail. The information in the link is the same. It must be related to my phone, but don't see how.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:41 AM   #9
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssWhooper666 View Post
here is a picture of my ass.

Come on Kanye, that is Kim's ass!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #10
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Don't you dare, Slim !