Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default Ads At The Top Of The Page

These ads at the top of the forum page never bothered me but now they are videos that turn on and play. I shut them off and in 30 seconds they start again. Any way to lose these?
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

The internet used to be about acquiring information and facilitating communication. Now it's about business mining your wallet like a silver mine.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Ad Blocker is the only way. I hate to do it to sites like this one that are otherwise not bad with ads. But you gotta do what ya gotta do.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
DanRode
Dixie Flatline

DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking DanRode The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I'm OK with adverts in general as a way to fund internet sites but the auto-start videos and full-page cover the content ads, are where I draw the line.

I've stopped visiting several news sites because of the auto-start "content" videos.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

^^^^^definitely what I find most irritating as well.
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRode View Post
I'm OK with adverts in general as a way to fund internet sites but the auto-start videos and full-page cover the content ads, are where I draw the line.

I've stopped visiting several news sites because of the auto-start "content" videos.
I totally agree w/DanR - sites need to make money to provide the content they do without charging us like cable tv.
That said, in my mind, having a video shoved down your throat just because you visited a website is like getting an anal probe from the doorman just because you stopped in for a beer.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #7
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

It never used to bother me until the ad at the top starts talking to me and I can't shut it up!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #8
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I don't get any ads with 'sound' and I'm on Chrome. Never have, so this is news to me.

I know I won't be going to any of the bars that shredd frequents though.

Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #9
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

I got the first unstoppable audio here today.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #10
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I got the first unstoppable audio here today.
So Im not crazy. Chrome ad blocker did the trick.