Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 11-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default The Boss Katana Thread

I only know that Coblat and Dan as Kat owners here, but I'll post some links, in case others come on board. I read if you get all the enhancements, like the "sneaky amps," you'll get what amounts to the gt-100.

I think the Boss Tone Studio is up to version 2.02 now: http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/category/katana/

Sneaky amps can be found in this thread (I think): https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxf.../experimental/

Here's a whole list of YT vids on sneaky amps: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...na+sneaky+amps

I haven't delved into the TS at all since I can link my Line 6 Amplifi TT and pretty much get any sound I want, but I may do so just to see what's under the hood (I hate patches/presets), and since I discovered that the Kat can be used as an interface (is that really true?) it may be worth my while to see.

Playing music through the Kat, imo, sucks, but I could be doing it wrong.

Additions, corrections, whatever can be posted here. I totally forgot the 2 channels (now 4, with the update). I've been perfectly happy with the the onboard controls.

@Dan- supposedly, there's a really clean amp setting within TS, but I dunno if that's true. You may have to install floorboard thing.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #2
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Stop talking about these, your going to make me push my credit card limit and get one lol

See, now I'm on google looking at em And I can almost smell that new amp smell... people talk about new car smell, Im serious, new amp smell almost gets me high lol

Old 11-08-2017, 01:03 AM   #3
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

I don't think I know of a single Katana owner that's returned it. I said that of the Yamaha THR, but Dan didn't like his. I think the price just went up for the Kat 50 to $219.

If you're serious about buying, and don't mind shopping online, ask for a discount. Coblat got about $40 off, and I got about $35 off. I haven't even turned on any of my other amps since getting the Kat. Well, I use my THR as my laptop stereo speakers now.

This amp really lives up to the hype, imo.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:49 AM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I don't think I know of a single Katana owner that's returned it. I said that of the Yamaha THR, but Dan didn't like his. I think the price just went up for the Kat 50 to $219.

If you're serious about buying, and don't mind shopping online, ask for a discount. Coblat got about $40 off, and I got about $35 off. I haven't even turned on any of my other amps since getting the Kat. Well, I use my THR as my laptop stereo speakers now.

You said you would not kiss & tell !!!

You really like that amp, I need to test drive one just for kicks.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:17 AM   #5
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
You said you would not kiss & tell !!!

You really like that amp, I need to test drive one just for kicks.
You better not. You wont be able to use it for a year. You know, reading the manual and all.

Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 AM   #6
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
You better not. You wont be able to use it for a year. You know, reading the manual and all.

It has a manual?
Old 11-08-2017, 02:26 AM   #7
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post

see, that's not helping me 'not buy' one lol. Dang... it's cool looking too. and I LOVE Boss products, Boss and Roland, my favorite name to see on musical equipment...
But thanks too for the tip, if I did, I'd ask for a discount, sure can't hurt to try!
My wife might be mad at you next month LOL
Old 11-08-2017, 02:27 AM   #8
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

Does anyone actually read manuals? LOL I just push, twist, and figure things out!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:46 AM   #9
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I have the Boss GT-1. Almost same same. Katana is awesome!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:28 AM   #10
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

OK, just read the owners manual, man... that has more versatility than I thought even...
Dang it lol
I don't need one.. I usually play through my RP into headphones... but this give me amp lust lol