Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 11-08-2017, 03:51 AM   #11
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
You better not. You wont be able to use it for a year. You know, reading the manual and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
It has a manual?
I honestly was going to ask the same thing. There's like a "start up" guide, but that's as far as I went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
see, that's not helping me 'not buy' one lol. Dang... it's cool looking too. and I LOVE Boss products, Boss and Roland, my favorite name to see on musical equipment...
But thanks too for the tip, if I did, I'd ask for a discount, sure can't hurt to try!
My wife might be mad at you next month LOL
Trivia: Boss & Roland are the same company, which you may already know. Someone suggested that the Katana be marketed under Boss, not Roland so it would be more associated with guitars, and not something like the Micro Cube. The guy from the Anderton vids has an association with Boss, and said he suggested that to Boss. Whether he was the direct reason Roland went with "Boss" isn't clear, but he kinda likes taking some credit for it.

The Japanese character under the Boss logo on the face of the amp amounts to spelling out "Ka," not "Katana (日本刀)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
I have the Boss GT-1. Almost same same. Katana is awesome!
The only reason I may dig into the Tone Studio is to find all the sounds in the GT-100. If I can do that, AND use it as an interface, I'll never stop talking about the Kat.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 AM   #12
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post

The only reason I may dig into the Tone Studio is to find all the sounds in the GT-100. If I can do that, AND use it as an interface, I'll never stop talking about the Kat.
I know I have mentioned this to you before but the Floorboard software is much easier to use and to access the sneaky amps. I have both installed.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:35 AM   #13
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Stop talking about these, your going to make me push my credit card limit and get one lol

See, now I'm on google looking at em And I can almost smell that new amp smell... people talk about new car smell, Im serious, new amp smell almost gets me high lol

Isn't Idaho noses just the greatest thing since pancakes.
stratstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 AM   #14
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I know I have mentioned this to you before but the Floorboard software is much easier to use and to access the sneaky amps. I have both installed.
You're forgetting how lazy I am, and how much I hate programming presets, etc. But I read only today that with the TS & Floorboard, you pretty much have the GT-100.

I really have ALL the tones I want, and for more, I can link my Line 6 TT.

I didn't know you could use the amp as an interface too. But the TT does that as well. I haven't recorded much if anything into my computer, but I kinda like all the options now.

The $100 I spent on the Bias software is a total waste now...

Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #15
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started

Ive been looking at this... do you think it would be gig worthy for the styles Hard Rock, blues rock, Alternative rock and Indie rock ? It should do the job right ? The price is also very good. .. I need a gigable amp soon ish.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #16
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Ive been looking at this... do you think it would be gig worthy for the styles Hard Rock, blues rock, Alternative rock and Indie rock ? It should do the job right ? The price is also very good. .. I need a gigable amp soon ish.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
A big YES!

It is very versatile! With all the amp sims and Boss effects in it that you could think of, it should be able to enable you to play anything you throw at it!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #17
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Quote:
The Japanese character under the Boss logo on the face of the amp amounts to spelling out "Ka," not "Katana (日本刀)"
I never would have known that, Slim. That could be the deal breaker.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #18
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
I never would have known that, Slim. That could be the deal breaker.
I'm just waiting for everyone to start getting "Ka" tattoos...

Old 11-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #19
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Isn't Idaho noses just the greatest thing since pancakes.
OK, maybe it's because I just woke up but I'm lost lol idaho noses?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #20
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
I honestly was going to ask the same thing. There's like a "start up" guide, but that's as far as I went.

Trivia: Boss & Roland are the same company, which you may already know. Someone suggested that the Katana be marketed under Boss, not Roland so it would be more associated with guitars, and not something like the Micro Cube. The guy from the Anderton vids has an association with Boss, and said he suggested that to Boss. Whether he was the direct reason Roland went with "Boss" isn't clear, but he kinda likes taking some credit for it.

Interesting (I did know boss and roland were the same), but that is interesting