Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 12-11-2017, 07:37 AM   #11
hippychip
Banned

hippychip Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJaxon View Post
If its Just a tear not over 1" use clear nail polish.over 1" ues rubber cement and fine Guase.and hippychip I can tell the bottom speaker was re' coned.
The 15" speakers (and the 6-1/2 mids) were replaced in both cabs. They were too old to be re-coned. Sometimes you just can't fix them. Here they are after I put new grill cloth on them.

[IMG][/IMG]
hippychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #12
R3-AUA

R3-AUA Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Since you didn't mention if it was just a tear or a big hole, I'm going to assume its a tear and can be pushed back in place.
Itís more of a tear than a hole:
R3-AUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #13
hippychip
Banned

hippychip Just getting started

I'd go with rubber cement on that one. You are going to have to pull the speaker so you can push it back into shape. A brand new kitchen sponge works perfectly. Brush it on the back first while you hold the sponge in place. After it dries brush some more on the front. I don't think you need any paper.
hippychip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #14
rudos1
the Deuce

rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts

I'd buy a new speaker I couldn't stand to know I had one in my rig with a tear. Speakers aren't very expensive...
Old 12-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #15
R3-AUA

R3-AUA Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
I'd go with rubber cement on that one. You are going to have to pull the speaker so you can push it back into shape. A brand new kitchen sponge works perfectly. Brush it on the back first while you hold the sponge in place. After it dries brush some more on the front. I don't think you need any paper.
Iíll try this method then. I just need it to hold for a gig we have on the 23rd. Iíll probably order a new one after the whole Christmas frenzy dies out (this is a perfect excuse to finally get a new speaker any way...so far, I have my eyes set on a Vintage 30).
R3-AUA is offline   Reply With Quote