Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 12-20-2017, 02:53 AM   #11
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
ha! you hoser! lol
You may laugh, but cold solder joints are a big issue, i used to do a lot of circuit board repair, for many years, I actually have put boards in the freezer to check for heat issues. they also make cold spray for tracking thermal issues.
Hahahaaa. I was really making fun of Coblat. He's got perpetually running fans, light switch problems, anything remotely electrical seems to go out on him. hahahaaa

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:24 AM   #12
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Hahahaaa. I was really making fun of Coblat. He's got perpetually running fans, light switch problems, anything remotely electrical seems to go out on him. hahahaaa
haha no worries! lol
Wait, perpetually running fans? where? why?
Old 12-20-2017, 03:35 AM   #13
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
haha no worries! lol
Long story. It was when Coblat moved into a new house, and had a mysteriously running fan, with no apparent off switch lol.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:47 AM   #14
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Long story. It was when Coblat moved into a new house, and had a mysteriously running fan, with no apparent off switch lol.
haha oh man, where is cobalt, I want to hear this story!

Ever see that episode of Friends with the mystery light switch that seemed to do 'nothing'?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:01 AM   #15
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
haha no worries! lol
Short story. Bought a manufactured home and in the mud room there is a fan that never shuts off. Actually, the only switch is the circuit breaker and it runs all the time because it's the code. Ive grown quite fond of it.

We did have to replace our whole service box as it was about 30 years old and we were having major power issues. Have not had an issue since.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 AM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Short story. Bought a manufactured home and in the mud room there is a fan that never shuts off. Actually, the only switch is the circuit breaker and it runs all the time because it's the code. Ive grown quite fond of it.

We did have to replace our whole service box as it was about 30 years old and we were having major power issues. Have not had an issue since.
Are you saying that thing is still ON and RUNNING?

Old 12-20-2017, 04:14 AM   #17
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Are you saying that thing is still ON and RUNNING?
Yep. It's been on the whole three plus years we have been here. I could shut it off the the reason it's on has something to do with condensation. I have never seen any condensation here and Im not sure how much good it does as it is in the mudroom and there is a door there to the kitchen so how much good can it do in other areas of the house? I looked it up and it's not a cheap fan like they put in bathrooms. The switch to it is the circuit box breaker.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #18
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Oh ok, that kind of fan, I remember we looked at a house once, it was newer at the time, we could hear a fan running, the realtor said some houses are sealed so good, they have an automatic fan that circulates air since the house doesn't 'breath' like normal houses do.

But that would be weird, hearing that and trying to find it!

I thought Slim meant you had put fans around that were running all the time so I was really curious on that! Now I see what it was though.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #19
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Yep. It's been on the whole three plus years we have been here. I could shut it off the the reason it's on has something to do with condensation. I have never seen any condensation here and Im not sure how much good it does as it is in the mudroom and there is a door there to the kitchen so how much good can it do in other areas of the house? I looked it up and it's not a cheap fan like they put in bathrooms. The switch to it is the circuit box breaker.
Doesn't it need oiling sooner or later? How you gonna get it into the refrigerator if it stops working?

Old 12-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #20
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

My THR10 quit making guitar sounds about a year ago. That's when SWMBO started using as an iPhone amp

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote