Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 12-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #21
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

When you used your amp were you going through any pedals
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #22
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
When you used your amp were you going through any pedals
no,my amps just like a rack,all the fx,amp models,reverbs,delays,compressors etc are all digital in the amp itself so the only pedal used is the pedal that came with it which just turns on/off the effects that already in the amp

^^^^^^example photo,not my actual amp but the same
Hogging that cnut around and it all housed in a flight case.Wouldnt be so bad if we had a van but using an estate car for that,a pa and lights and guitars..its a headache

Last edited by flake_E_lee; 12-25-2017 at 10:53 AM.
flake_E_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #23
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Ah ok . Multi fx mate is what I would go with as you want it as small as possible for transport.
When I was thinking out my stuff if was either two bass bins or n amp and one bin.
It's all about front of house sound for me to get work.
I used my set up on Saturday night using my PA top cabinet and the other guitarist said great set up - my advice as it sounds like your doing the same as me think space in your car .
Just my opinion. I try for the smallest set up with the biggest sound.
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #24
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
Just my opinion. I try for the smallest set up with the biggest sound.
yes...Im after a compact set up with as good a sound as funds allow
Old 12-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #25
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flake_E_lee View Post
Is it a pedal that can store different patches Tony?
What I need in a pedal is something I can jump from clean to a middle of the road rock to full blown hi gain quickly. We gig and cover many different genres so I need something I can change the tone quickly. The firehawk ticks the boxes except for the whole bluetooth thing.Im used to the line6 stuff so i suppose im in my comfort zone with it. also want xlr stereo outputs and the all important wah.Would be my 3 requirments buying a pedal.Very interested in something like a line6 pod hd300 or a boss gt pedal.
Whatever I get has to be able to model amps and do the above

No, it is just a boost/OD pedal that emulates a specific make of amp, mine is a "British"that emulates Marshall amps. Each pedal covers a very wide range of tones, but they aren't designed for quick changes like a modern digital pedal. I use mine as a preamp into the FX loop of my H&K. I don't think it is what you are looking for.
Tony Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #26
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Less is more. The more crap you use, the more crap can break down.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:42 PM   #27
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
Less is more. The more crap you use, the more crap can break down.
Yes. More also provides provides more opportunities for mucking with sounds when you should be working on notes.
Tony Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

anyone knowledgable on the boss gt6 line of pedal?
Old 12-26-2017, 03:29 PM   #29
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Sorry for invading your thread earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flake_E_lee View Post
anyone knowledgable on the boss gt6 line of pedal?
Only in that I have the Boss ME-70, which seems to do more than the gt6:https://www.google.com/search?safe=a....0.ijFUXAefwxE

The ME-70 emulates a lot of Boss pedals, and they all get along really well. It looks like you don't mind programming, based on your amp. I personally hate programming amp/mfx, but Boss makes pretty quality stuff. WHEN I use the ME-70, I use it in manual mode, and don't have the problem of pedals fighting with each other. The ME-70 is based on the gt-10, with additions. IF the GT6 is a stripped down GT10, it may suit you.

I think Little Bad Boy may have had a gt6.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:30 AM   #30
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

If I was asked right this second to go out to play with someone serious, I would take my Hotrod Deluxe, my Route 66 comp and boost, and my memory toy delay.. and what ever guitar I wanted to use. It should keep up with most except an army of Marshall's and I can't see myself playing in that environment.