Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Amplifiers

Old 12-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #31
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

my main push for the pedal-p.a is limited space in the car and set up time.
I use about 4 patches,I have a nice clean patch,a clean patch with slap back delay for all the 50s rock n roll stuff we play,a bryan adams style rock sound and a full hi gain..thats it.
All I need is something basic that will take up as little room as possible in the car and do the above but have an acceptable sound.
Definetley want to ditch the 2x12 vetta for a pedal. Vetta sounds great but its the whole space in the car/hogging that thing around is the issue
Old 12-27-2017, 02:24 AM   #32
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

The problem with mfx in this situation is a fuzziness with the distortions. It's been a while since I mucked about with mfx but you can set the preamp in them for what your going into.

Ie amp stack or combo or headphones. Just remember when you get a mfx this can make a difference.

I have separate pedals into a preamp. I thought the preamp was in your price range but I looked it up and that alone was 250..

Are you on the buy and sell band thing on Facebook you could put a wanted ad up you never know.

I have a gt10 in the loft but the main dial for programming isn't working - it maybe an easy fix I don't know lol.

I also have a gt5 and the singer in the band is going to eventually get his guitar playing skills in in the band for when I'm singing. He will just use that .
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #33
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

I have a few leads here at the min abo.Its one of those things,get one,plenty of rehersal time through the pa to set it up nicely.
Majority of stuff I do these days is clean/lightly driven...very little hi gain material on our set list.
The whole country vibe stuff here in NI is the way to go in recent years to get the work along with old favourites like ccr,the stones,elvis
Old 12-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #34
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

There a pita I guess to get programmed the way you want but once dialled in.....

You set it in the house sounds great go to a gig sounds like shit at gigging volume. Happened to me all the time.
I used to programme in loads of patches for fx or delays etc think for that side of things I have had my share and can't be arsed now.

Listen if your coming back over this way next year plan ahead we could have a beer or bring you along to a gig for a bit of variety.

All the best bud but see with this gear malarkey if it's no one thing it's another lol
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote