Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Collaborations

Old 09-12-2017, 06:39 PM   #11
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Great job everybody.

Rich - This is a veddy kool thing to be able to do with your yougins. I hope your chest is as swollen as it should be

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #12
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Great job everybody.

Rich - This is a veddy kool thing to be able to do with your yougins. I hope your chest is as swollen as it should be
Damn straight!! Thanks Bob!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #13
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! It was a special moment for sure. I was surprised that she followed through with it...you know how fickle teenagers can be . Hopefully I can interest her in doing some more. I have to get my other 2 involved as well.

I asked my younger son, who is taking piano lessons also, what song he thought he'd like to work on. Immediately he says "Madness" by Muse. I've created a monster with him introducing him to Muse. That one will require some more work on my part. My older son is taking viola lessons. He got a book with melodies from some classic rock songs. So I hope to record something where he plays the main melody on his viola.
Haha for sure ! You should definately get them all involved and get a family band going !

Woah he likes muse !!! Good on you for introducing such epic bands ;p haha yah Madness is a challenge. Its mostly bass driven though. Awesome stuff ! Loads of great piano work by Bellamy in Muses music.
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #14
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Haha for sure ! You should definately get them all involved and get a family band going !

Woah he likes muse !!! Good on you for introducing such epic bands ;p haha yah Madness is a challenge. Its mostly bass driven though. Awesome stuff ! Loads of great piano work by Bellamy in Muses music.
Yeah, and he's only 8. He also likes Rush, Megadeth, Maiden, Metallica, etc. He'll be my headbanger . Supremacy is his favorite song. Kids gotta be raised right!

I may have told this story already...this summer he goes into piano lesson and his teacher asked him if there was a song he'd like to learn. With no hesitation, he said "Supremacy"! The teacher having no idea what he was talking about looked it up on youtube. So here I am sitting in the waiting area and I hear Supremacy playing. I think "cool, one of the guitar students is learning Supremacy". Nope, out walks Derek's piano teacher to get piano music off the printer for Supremacy! He goes back and I hear a piano arrangement of the song.

With Madness, it is a synth sound played on the bass. I figure if we can find a similar sound on his keyboard, we can use that. We'll see.

He laughs when I tell him I want to be Matt Bellamy when I grow up.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #15
BallisticSquid

I showed my daughter the comments in this thread and she was grinning from ear to ear. I think it was a thrill for her to get positive reactions from complete strangers listening to her music. It's not good enough for Mom and Dad to tell her how good she plays...it has to come from other people .

Thanks everybody...you made Emma's day .
Old 09-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #16
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Wow, that was really good. I'm a fan of Snow Patrol. There's another song on the same album called "Shut Your Eyes". I think it would be perfect for your collab group.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #17
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
Wow, that was really good. I'm a fan of Snow Patrol. There's another song on the same album called "Shut Your Eyes". I think it would be perfect for your collab group.
Thanks...appreciate that .

I will definitely check out that other song along with some of their other stuff. I have listened to so much music, but there is still so much out there that I've never heard...some great stuff too.