Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Introduce Yourself

Old 09-14-2017, 01:39 AM   #31
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
I did all that already for about a year or longer. I have a harmonizer pedal & the synthesizer & did the whole solo thing. It's boring without a partner & there is no lead for the songs. It is just too basic or hollow & no one took me seriously. The gigs were lame.

I think I'm done with all of it, solo, duet, full band. There is no one decent to work with, I have exhausted Craiglist list & bandmix.
Finding folk is the hardest part for sure. It can be super frustrating, I feel for you
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:28 AM   #32
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

hi Aly ! glad to see ya back around these parts.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:01 AM   #33
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Well dang, hope something changes for ya! I'd never have thought it would be that hard to get a band together!
If you only knew......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
Finding folk is the hardest part for sure. It can be super frustrating, I feel for you
I'm throwing in the towel, this is just maddening!

HEY S ROCK !!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:23 AM   #34
Big John

Big John Just getting started

Quote:
It's boring without a partner...
I am surprised to hear that you find it boring. When I am on stage alone I find it to be a mix of terrifying, stimulating, intimidating, exciting, etc. Very rarely boring.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #35
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
I think I'm done with all of it, solo, duet, full band. There is no one decent to work with, I have exhausted Craiglist list & bandmix.
Maybe it's time to record some original songs.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #36
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
I am surprised to hear that you find it boring. When I am on stage alone I find it to be a mix of terrifying, stimulating, intimidating, exciting, etc. Very rarely boring.
I find playing solo to be boring also. Maybe not at first, but after 20 gigs sheesh I could fall asleep at the microphone. I make up stories, try to entertain the audience with my talk - here's a song about my ex-girlfriend, she left me for a guy that rides a motorcycle - then play "Born To Be Wild". I'd still prefer to play with a keyboard player in a duo.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #37
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
I find playing solo to be boring also. Maybe not at first, but after 20 gigs sheesh I could fall asleep at the microphone. I make up stories, try to entertain the audience with my talk - here's a song about my ex-girlfriend, she left me for a guy that rides a motorcycle - then play "Born To Be Wild". I'd still prefer to play with a keyboard player in a duo.
It's really boring when there is no audience ! At least with a partner you have some one to talk to & laugh with about the sad state of live music.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #38
classicrock

classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate

Glad your back in the swing Aly!, I started posting again but got interrupted with a week long conference in Detroit. I'm in the airport ready to head home now and get to some recording. I'm all over the Christmas album thing. I'll be glad to add bass to anybody's track and can also contribute some keyboards now. I just bought an incredible vintage keyboard that can do just about anything you can think of. Looking forward to hearing some of you're new collabs. I'll have to find the Chasing Cars post and listen.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:05 PM   #39
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
Glad your back in the swing Aly!, I started posting again but got interrupted with a week long conference in Detroit. I'm in the airport ready to head home now and get to some recording. I'm all over the Christmas album thing. I'll be glad to add bass to anybody's track and can also contribute some keyboards now. I just bought an incredible vintage keyboard that can do just about anything you can think of. Looking forward to hearing some of you're new collabs. I'll have to find the Chasing Cars post and listen.

A week in Detroit......that does not sound like fun

Cool, can't wait to hear you on the keys !
ALy

I have a bass job for you
Old 09-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #40
classicrock

classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate classicrock stares at orange juice cartons because it says concentrate

Quote:
A week in Detroit......that does not sound like fun

Cool, can't wait to hear you on the keys !
ALy

I have a bass job for you
It was actually very nice. Stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac, downtown. We walked to the stadium yesterday afternoon and watch the Tigers get beat down by th Whitesox. Ate some really good food, no one got mugged.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote