Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 09-18-2017, 12:57 AM   #61
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
So the saga continues, lol. My ex duo guy has put out a couple of FB posts begging for others to join forces with him & no one is biting. The he posted an ad from bandmix that he jumped all over & it was for a bass guitarist & in his excitement he did not realize that. Then tonight I see he has posted that his Epiphone LP & Marshall Stack are for sale for $700. OMG, trying to pull at heart strings & get some pity !!! Although I was kinda bummed at first, in retrospect, I feel like he did me a real favor bowing out like he did........
Offer a trade of ear plugs for the LP and stack.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #62
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
I recently started running sound for a band and the lead singer/guitarist will NOT turn down. Same deal; shows up with a stack to play bar gigs and cranks it. The band all need everything in every monitor and cranked up to boot just trying to hear over him. Oh, and he has to have his guitar in his monitor too, even though he's standing directly in front of this monster rig. He's got to be mostly deaf by now. He refuses to turn down or go direct (he could, with the head he uses). I may finish out the gigs I've agreed to and then tell them that I can't run sound for them any more because it's making me look bad.
See, hmmmm...? I think I'm on to something.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:06 PM   #63
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
See, hmmmm...? I think I'm on to something.
I thought the same especially when he would talk at ear piercing volumes as well. But then I thought, why doesn't he ask me to turn up my guitar or mic because he probably can't hear them either......on second thought, don't answer that, lol.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:34 AM   #64
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

I probably should just quit reviving this stupidity but look what the idiot posted on FB

In retrospect it's a good thing not having to tie up countless hours of practice, having to teach songs and chords to inferior players drag your equipment around and all for naught,and the countless gas money good riddance

I don't know why or who he is babbling to but I count myself among the inferiors he is referring to.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:03 AM   #65
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
I probably should just quit reviving this stupidity but look what the idiot posted on FB

In retrospect it's a good thing not having to tie up countless hours of practice, having to teach songs and chords to inferior players drag your equipment around and all for naught,and the countless gas money good riddance

I don't know why or who he is babbling to but I count myself among the inferiors he is referring to.
That's rich...the guy doesn't consider a Marshall stack inappropriate for a duo gig, can't blend in with what the other musicians are playing, and everybody else is "inferior".

What a giant asshole!!!

And he wonders why he can't find a band or musicians to play with. Moron!!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #66
crank

crank Just getting started

Aly, did you ever post any of the videos from your gig? I love seeing a good train wreck. lol

Definitely sounds like this guy does not play well with others. Nor can he take simple direction like, "turn down a bit please."
crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #67
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

Quote:

I would say he is lower than a Serf but a Serf is as low as you can go.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #68
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
You asked......

My new friend had been kicked out of yet another band. I convinced him to give a duet a try. Our first practice went beautifully. We sailed thru 12 or so songs without any difficulty. He used my amp. Then the Marshall half stack showed up & the volume wars began. Once the Marshall arrived, my vocals, my guitar, the synthesizer, & the harmonizer were never heard again.

Question: Why did I wind you up with the FB page? I couldn’t very well say he was a dud, we sucked, & our practices were a nightmare. I was trying to sell us & I had thought with time he would come around to the “duet way”.

Question: Do I think we needed more rehearsal time? Of course, but that was not the main issue. The main issue was volume.

Question: Was he a seasoned player? I thought so but I really do not know his musical history. Several days before the gig he was posting on his personal FB page how terribly nervous he was, I found that rather odd for a seasoned guitar veteran.

This was never a true gig, we were to busk for free on the sidewalk during an art walk. We found out later that a festival called Bikes On The Bricks was to be on the same weekend. Immediately my partner jumped to the conclusion that we were “THE MAIN EVENT” & I repeatedly told him we were just a couple of unpaid buskers. Then he got this crazy idea that we would be all over the local news since they were covering the festival. Again, I reminded him that we were incidental & would not be on the news.

The first several songs we played did not go over well, the feedback was that he was too loud & no one could hear me. The same comments were made after each song & I am pretty sure this ticked him off. There are a couple of videos but you can barely hear me play or sing in any of them & he is just doing a bunch of weird stuff that doesn’t even go with the songs & using too much effects & gain. Just sounds ridiculous.

This paired with the fact that none of his peeps came to listen, there were basically no crowds cheering us on, & zero tips, led to his disenchantment. He got moody & sulky & wouldn’t talk to anyone during the breaks & slunk off at the end without saying a word.

I messaged him later Fri night & apologized for not saying good bye & told him I thought we did good(just trying to be positive) & he ignored me until this evening & then only replied “keep the money”. He’s pissed at himself or me, I don’t even know for sure & I am not even sure I want to work with him anymore if he decides to “come around”.

Last question: What did I learn? Stop jumping in head first & desperately “settling” for something that is beneath me. Please don’t misinterpret what I am saying as ego or conceit or me being a diva. I just want a quality musician with the same goals, work ethic, & desire to be a true team & not trample all over me. I have been searching for about 3 years for something & deluded myself into thinking this would work.

You guys have spoiled me with posts of your playing & participations in jam tracks & collaborations. Everyone else pales in comparison !

Aly
Try to be positive. I wish I could do what you do playing live and such but illness, and a lack of talent perhaps, force me to be a armchair musician. would give my right arm to have the problems you have. keep going and searching for a equal musical partner you will get there in the end I am sure, its just finding the musical partnership that's right for both of you. Good luck hope you achieve what your trying to do. OG
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:59 AM   #69
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Aly, did you ever post any of the videos from your gig? I love seeing a good train wreck. lol

Definitely sounds like this guy does not play well with others. Nor can he take simple direction like, "turn down a bit please."
No, I didn't post the videos. They suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I would say he is lower than a Serf but a Serf is as low as you can go.
Maybe a peasant, lol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Try to be positive. I wish I could do what you do playing live and such but illness, and a lack of talent perhaps, force me to be a armchair musician. would give my right arm to have the problems you have. keep going and searching for a equal musical partner you will get there in the end I am sure, its just finding the musical partnership that's right for both of you. Good luck hope you achieve what your trying to do. OG
Be careful what you wish for, lol. I should just quit complaining
Thanks for the pep talk.