Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > Skills > Theory

Old 04-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

JTC offers 3 masterclasses on Pents, Major scale, and arpeggios. Fantastic stuff in my view

https://jamtrackcentral.com/store/se...plete-box-set/
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #12
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
JTC offers 3 masterclasses on Pents, Major scale, and arpeggios. Fantastic stuff in my view

Have you used these classes? I come across so many things like this that claim to teach you all of these awesome things...but I'm always skeptical to cough up money.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:15 PM   #13
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

I have, they are excellent. If you do the work, big results. Also, if keep an eye on the site they offer deals on these packages.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #14
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

All of us learn differently. I'm more a hands-on, I'll figure it out, as opposed to a "gimme a book" kind of guy. Some, are a bit of both.

I was just offering up another option.

It's work, no matter how you cut it. Figuring out the type of work is the hard part. That's why it's rare anyone hears me talk about absolutes.

If there were a masterclass in not being a procrastinator, I'd be killing it, now.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.

Last edited by Silimtao; 04-15-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: their, there, they're....
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #15
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
I have, they are excellent. If you do the work, big results. Also, if keep an eye on the site they offer deals on these packages.
That's good to know...thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
All of us learn differently. I'm more a hands-on, I'll figure it out, as opposed to a "gimme a book" kind of guy. Some, are a bit of both.

I was just offering up another option.

It's work, no matter how you cut it. Figuring out the type of work is the hard part. That's why it's rare anyone hears me talk about absolutes.

If their was a masterclass in not being a procrastinator, I'd be killing it, now.
This is me too...I have to work through things on my own and internalize them. Many times (and this isn't just with guitar) I won't understand something, hammer away at it, beat it into submission and figure it out on my own. At that point I think "why the hell didn't they just say that!". Inevitably, when I go back to the material I was working from (book, video, class notes, etc.) I'll find that they did say that! Duh! .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:44 PM   #16
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
This is me too...I have to work through things on my own and internalize them. Many times (and this isn't just with guitar) I won't understand something, hammer away at it, beat it into submission and figure it out on my own. At that point I think "why the hell didn't they just say that!". Inevitably, when I go back to the material I was working from (book, video, class notes, etc.) I'll find that they did say that! Duh! .
This is why I did so poorly in theory while at Berklee. It was sheer memorization, with no real connection to hands on music. It was like physics to to a 3 year old. I was losing my mind.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #17
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started Morfz Just getting started

Quote:

Interesting ! Ill check this out, is it different from whats out there and is free already ?
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #18
Sixstringplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
Interesting ! Ill check this out, is it different from whats out there and is free already ?
I really don't know, because I have never looked at the free stuff.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #19
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
I really don't know, because I have never looked at the free stuff.
You were not around during the free love generation??

Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #20
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfz View Post
You may want to check out the Stitch Method on youtube as there are a lot of free things. Especially look at his Never Get Lost Pentatonic lesson.

He is in the process of doing 3 Blues Master Class Videos and I bought the first one. It's very inexpensive and the first video covers the 1st three pent scale shapes and then there are 5-6 "concepts" that you use for each shape. I can already tell that Im going to be working on this one video for a few months. It's not difficult but they are concepts that you need to get into your brain and fingers.

"Doing the work" is really operative phrase here. It takes time.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote