Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Member Tunes

Old 09-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #11
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Wild! I like it!
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #12
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Thanks LBB it did feel like a certain drive was trying to develop But as I said to HR I find it hard
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #13
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

I can understand not being sure about what you play, and we all question is it good or not. You have to go with what you think. If your unsure about it maybe you feel it's good, but there's something different that could be done. I know I do.

I used to go..Hmm that sounds good maybe I should work on it more, but I never do. I like building riffs, and melodies so the idea of a song is never going to work for me. I've hinted at it, but I'll hear something new, and I'm off in another direction. I would love someone better than me try constructing a song out of the ideas I have.

You have the chops. All I know is theres more to come, and hopefully you got dozens of ideas ready to come out.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:29 AM   #14
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
I can understand not being sure about what you play, and we all question is it good or not. You have to go with what you think. If your unsure about it maybe you feel it's good, but there's something different that could be done. I know I do.

I used to go..Hmm that sounds good maybe I should work on it more, but I never do. I like building riffs, and melodies so the idea of a song is never going to work for me. I've hinted at it, but I'll hear something new, and I'm off in another direction. I would love someone better than me try constructing a song out of the ideas I have.

You have the chops. All I know is theres more to come, and hopefully you got dozens of ideas ready to come out.
Hi Jase I am the same I never go back even if I know I should. Though that's not completely accurate as often some ideas get carried into the next idea. Sure you know what I mean. I can never play the things I want to play it bugs me Have to just play a lot, find yourself or something ?
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #15
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Hi Jase I am the same I never go back even if I know I should. Though that's not completely accurate as often some ideas get carried into the next idea. Sure you know what I mean. I can never play the things I want to play it bugs me Have to just play a lot, find yourself or something ?
Hello mate.

Yes know what you mean, as it's what I do in the main. I'm all about finding that new shape of notes. I find old ideas fade over time, and get replaced. I rave over it, and get elated when that new melody comes but it don't last long. I think on times I'm still finding my way with it, and just want access to the entire neck. It's coming slowly.

I find it interesting to think about why we play the way we do. What's the eccense of playing, not making songs or whatever, but the way it makes you feel. I find that comes into my thinking with it so it don't make no difference making a package with it song wise.

I think a lot of it has to do with my lack of proper song writing skills but I'm happy with that.

Last edited by Jase; 09-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post

I used to go..Hmm that sounds good maybe I should work on it more, but I never do.
Could be the next step is as you said working at it where as the original riff idea is pure 100% fun and pleasure. To work at progressing your riff takes time and jobs and family and life eats into too much of the time so you end up moving onto yoyr next fun riff.
That sums up my take on this scenario
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #17
Jase
Principe del Galles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
To work at progressing your riff takes time and jobs and family and life eats into too much of the time so you end up moving onto yoyr next fun riff.
That sums up my take on this scenario
Ive not time abs or patience.

Im just glad that i can miss playing for a week or so plug in, and after a warm up im off again. I dont think i could do that if i was a beginner.