Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Member Tunes

Old 09-18-2017, 02:55 AM   #1
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies
Default Still Can't See

So it seems ironic that the best performances I have with Can't You See are in situations where you can't see. In this case here, neither could I. A place we play at regularly put in a really cool stage outside, but they forgot to add lighting. I was trying to play in the light on my music stand so I could kind of see what I was doing.

I had a few misses since I could barely see the fretboard, but it was still great fun!

I play this song now where I use the major pents for the first solo and the minor pents for the second. Turns out to be a cool way to switch it up.

BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:00 AM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Cool stage !! No lights means no bugs, lol.
Sounds really good, Squid !
Old 09-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
rdouglas
Master Lurker

rdouglas Just getting started

Wow. Really enjoyed. What were you recording the sound with?

Sent from my Dragon Touch M8 using Tapatalk
rdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #4
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Thanks you guys! It was nice to play on a stage and not be jammed into a corner. I forgot what it was like . After a while I started taking advantage and moving around. Then it got dark and I had to hang out in the bit of light from my music stand light.

Sound and video were recorded with my Canon HD camcorder. The sound is a bit thin. If I had time and was motivated, I'd add the audio I record straight out of the mixer to the video.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #5
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Your videos are always good, the audio & video come out so clear. It sounds like you are using a really expensive & professional piece of recording equipment (maybe it is).
Old 09-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
BallisticSquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Your videos are always good, the audio & video come out so clear. It sounds like you are using a really expensive & professional piece of recording equipment (maybe it is).
Thanks. The camera isn't anything special...this is it..it's a Canon VIXIA R500:

It takes SD memory cards, so I got a 128 GB card. Each performance takes about 20 GB. I dump them onto a hard drive I have...occasionally they go up on youtube.

When I can, I set it up on a tripod and hit record before each set. I'm using the internal mic...if I got an external mic that would improve things, but I don't want to make it too complicated. I got a larger extra battery because the battery it came with would barely go 2 hours. I get 2 sets off the larger battery and the last set on the original smaller battery.

This is far from a pro setup...goes to show you how far this technology has come. I've seen video that Mouse did that was even better than what I get with my camera...the video was taken with an iPhone!!

Last edited by BallisticSquid; 09-18-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #7
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Very nice, Squid.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #8
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Hey nice!!!! Great job! Nice play'en too!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #9
BeachBill
Wannabe Guitar Picker

BeachBill Just getting started

Good sound in that recording. Nice job on a really cool song.
BeachBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #10
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Go squid!!! Do you do the same solo everytime there or thereabouts or do you improvise ?
The solo after the first verse was just perfect fitted the tune like a glove (copyright Ace Ventura) great stuff bud .
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote