Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 09-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #121
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg0 View Post
Lately, I've been looking into carbon fiber acoustic guitars. They're on the pricey side, tho. Emerald X20.
We see very few CF guitars here in Oz, but I tried a Rainsong many years ago and IIRC liked it about as much as I like good, but not great (to me!), trad acoustics. However, your post reminded me that I tried a deep bowl Adamas not that long after they came out. I loved the deep smooth sound, but the bowl didn't feel comfortable when playing seated. If I ever came across another one, I would give it a serious try though. For while I did think about putting a CF neck on an electric, but that is on the back burner.
Tony Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 AM   #122
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Lately, I've been looking into carbon fiber acoustic guitars. They're on the pricey side, tho. Emerald X20.
Those Emeralds are pieces of art. I'm trying to justify one, but hard to do having to either replace a transmission or a whole car. That an and saving for a trip to Ireland next year.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #123
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
Those Emeralds are pieces of art. I'm trying to justify one, but hard to do having to either replace a transmission or a whole car. That an and saving for a trip to Ireland next year.
I'm retiring soon. An X20 would be a nice retirement gift to myself. If you're travelling to Ireland, you could visit the Emerald factory and place your order in person.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #124
b12

b12 Just getting started

Quote:
I'm retiring soon. An X20 would be a nice retirement gift to myself. If you're travelling to Ireland, you could visit the Emerald factory and place your order in person.
Emerald X20 is one of the best acoustic guitars out there, IMHO.
b12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #125
Spoons

Spoons Just getting started

I want to get a Stratocaster, but you have to pay so much for one with decent pickups that I just don't know how I'd ever do it. I like that you can phase between two pickups, it's like the next best thing to a humbucker. Put enough gain through it, pull the treble back a bit, and you've got a poor man's Les Paul.

Mmmm, I want a Vox AC30 to go with it. I've never heard such solid tone as I do in Vox amps. I'm used to playing through a Fender, which is heavily centered toward the treble side. One of those Blues Junior dealies.
Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #126
Germs

Germs Just getting started

I don't have enough money to buy another guitar but, if I were to buy one I would ever get a Guyatone LG-65t like RL Burnside used (https://reverb.com/item/5012079-guyatone-lg-65t-1960-s) or a Parlor guitar like this (https://reverb.com/item/5756790-gret...one-burst-mint)
Germs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:48 AM   #127
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

I just ordered (today) a used Godin Kingpin II with humbuckers. I have a used Deering Goodtime open back 5 string banjo arriving next Tuesday.

Now if all my Ebay listed items would sell so that I can afford all this.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 AM   #128
Tony Done

Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Tony Done The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
I just ordered (today) a used Godin Kingpin II with humbuckers. I have a used Deering Goodtime open back 5 string banjo arriving next Tuesday.

Now if all my Ebay listed items would sell so that I can afford all this.
I could be happy with either or both of those - they both have good reputations, and I like P90s.
Tony Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:51 PM   #129
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I want... I need...

Ibanez FRIX6FEH
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:27 AM   #130
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Well... I haven't heard the word 'No' yet, but I did just have to buy a new car, which puts a damper on the disposable income. It would be sweet to order it in March and pick it up in person in August. Build time is 5 months.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote