Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 AM   #1
know-dem-scales

know-dem-scales Just getting started
Default That Created Riff Feeling

I might be way off base here. Jussi trying to jam with what little I know and have observed from the other resources. I came up with a pretty good sounding intro/riff/chord run. I mean for me, anyways. Not trying to be or sound like a virtuoso. Has anyone here ever had the thought of, "Hey, that actually sounds decent, maybe better than decent."?
know-dem-scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by know-dem-scales View Post
I might be way off base here. Jussi trying to jam with what little I know and have observed from the other resources. I came up with a pretty good sounding intro/riff/chord run. I mean for me, anyways. Not trying to be or sound like a virtuoso. Has anyone here ever had the thought of, "Hey, that actually sounds decent, maybe better than decent."?
All the time

Your chords, and riffs will become more sophisticated, and the 'one' you think sounds good now will get replaced by something better/different.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
stantheman

stantheman Just getting started

Yes, take it as a sign of your ears learning to better distinguish good from bad.
stantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
Nuthin' Fancy

Nuthin' Fancy Just getting started

Yep and a lot of the time I'll realise after playing it for a while that It's either somebody else's lick, or really close to it.
Nuthin' Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #5
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Sometimes I think something sounds decent then later see the flaws ouch. Whats decent for one is not always decent for another
old geezer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #6
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I like it when I come up with something that I've never heard anyone else do. I was playing some blues and was getting ready to go to the 4 chord and instead of playing a 7 just before the change, I played a diminished run based on the root chord. Now I do it a lot because it'll make other guitarists get whiplash when they hear me do it. Not that its great, its just that nobody does it and its so damned unexpected.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote