Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 05-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
Borodog

Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Images broke.

Sounds like a fun show. Congrats!
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:26 AM   #12
Big John

Big John Just getting started

Sorry about that...this forum does not seem to like when I post pictures from my phone! Will try and repost from a computer.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:40 AM   #13
Big John

Big John Just getting started

Trying this again, this time from a hard wired computer...

Great gig! We played for about 3 hours (total) over a 4 hour span. We mostly played southern and classic rock covers, as they were going over well. We had requests for Mama Tried, Wildwood Flower, and Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys, so we played those too. I ate a bunch of swine and drank a few cold beers on the house. I got to sing the National Anthem to kick the whole thing off. Weather was perfect. I did not win the gun raffle...shucks.

I got a shot of the stage while we were setting up.

Somebody there filmed us doing Fire On The Mountain (Marshall Tucker cover) and The Bitch Is Back (Elton John cover). They said would send these to me, so I will post video when they do.

After the show I drove to Point Lookout at the southernmost end of the peninsula, since it was just 4 miles and who knows when I'll get down there again...if ever. There was a fishing pier, causeway, American Revolution and Civil War sites, etc.

Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:42 AM   #14
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Great stuff!! +1
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote