Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 03-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Who's Your Latest Guitarist Crush(es).

I've been crushing on Jess Lewis since I discovered her on YT about 3 months ago. Just an all around killer player. Her playing has moved me to work on my bent string vibrato.

Andy Timmons I discovered on Pandora, but I've heard his name for years. Killer tone that is fairly reachable on an average rig. Strangely, he doesn't use vibrato on bends, which I think would add to the emotion of his playing, but he seems to use the whammy in the right places.

Who's your latest guitarist crush, and where did you discover him/her? What, in their playing moved you?

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Tony_Nebula

Tony_Nebula Just getting started

I almost like the local guys as much as the major celebrities.
Tony_Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Nebula View Post
I almost like the local guys as much as the major celebrities.
I was like this BIIIIG TIME in the 80's. I lived at the 'edge of town' and used to go see regional touring bands at this funky ol' roadhouse bar for $5. And 90% of them could've blown Guns n Roses off the stage, at the time they were banging supermodels and raking in millions off Appetite For Destruction.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:41 AM   #4
joepa

joepa Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I've been crushing on Jess Lewis since I discovered her on YT about 3 months ago. Just an all around killer player. Her playing has moved me to work on my bent string vibrato.
Her Room 335 cover leaves me speechless every time I watch it. Her accuracy in that solo is just incredible.

joepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
Tommcat
heavy jazzy smooth

Tommcat Just getting started

I digged some old gold recently:
http://www.allmusic.com/album/finger...g-mw0000179614

50 Shades of Guitar - The Blog
Tommcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:50 AM   #6
LaPanthere

LaPanthere Just getting started

I like Lori Linstruth alot. She played in Arjen Lucassens (Ayreon) side project Stream of Passion and Guilt Machine.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:27 AM   #7
phingerboard
Dung Foo Master

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Samantha Fish. Plus she's the only person who has a cooler Tele than I have.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #8
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Tab Benoit.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
brightone

brightone Just getting started

Mary Timony. Her style is unique and innovative.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #10
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post

Andy Timmons I discovered on Pandora, but I've heard his name for years. Killer tone that is fairly reachable on an average rig. Strangely, he doesn't use vibrato on bends, which I think would add to the emotion of his playing, but he seems to use the whammy in the right places.

Who's your latest guitarist crush, and where did you discover him/her? What, in their playing moved you?
I met Andy Timmons a few months back when he was out here with the Taylor Road Show. He came out to one of Robbie's gigs afterwards. Nice guy!
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote