Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > Skills > Theory

Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #21
Morfz

Morfz Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
Studying improvization makes no sense. Its like planning an accidental discovery.
Isnt it more like planning for an adventure so that you have good chances of making a discovery?
Morfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #22
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

I am really not good at it but I don't work on it much. I have seen people though who can almost improvise over anything by using 3 chord shapes.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:49 AM   #23
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Here's my two cents worth. If you want to sound like Southern Rock try fooling around with the Mixolydian mode. The "China Grove" solo is a good example. If you want to sound more like the boogie blues, then try the Dorian mode. Playing the Blues Scale or the True Blues Scale, that has the b5, gets old and doesn't give you the two extra notes that the Dorian mode gives you. Using the Dorian mode allows you to play a run that holds on a 2 or 6 note and makes you sound a bit more like jazz. You don't have to stop and hold on the 1 or 5 note all the time.
PKVeazey is offline   Reply With Quote