Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 12-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #21
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ramon View Post
Where in this country did this occur ? I'm betting midwest
Nope. Manhattan. I dont know if its before you joined the forum, but my forum handle used to be FillmoreNYC... I lived in NYC most of my life. I moved to St. Augustine, hence the new forum handle, St. Fill (PS- Dont get the wrong idea... Im no saint ).
Quote:
It boils down to this IMHO - your friend and you didn't know what you were smoking , that was your big mistake .
Commonsense says you don't put things into your body unless you are 100% sure of what it is .
You're right... we didnt know what we were smoking, but unless you grow it yourself, or a friend is growing it, no one knows what what they're getting. What was used for fertilizer? Was it sprayed with some sort of pest repellent while it was growing? Did someone add something to it to enhance its strength? There was a time when I didnt consider that sort of thing. Times change.
I dont want to find out any of that (the hard way, like I once did) by incinerating it and inhaling it.

Quote:
The fact remains no one has ever died from smoking just marijuana - ever - it's a historical fact .
I've heard that 'historical fact' before, Ramon. A fact I CAN tell you about is what happend to a friend I worked with that went with a few other co-workers to an OTB after work (just in case you didnt know, "an "OTB" is "Off Track Betting"... an off-site place where folks can bet on horse racing).

Anyway, they blew a couple of joints outside and went in. My friend dropped dead standing on the line inside OTB about 10 minutes after smoking.

Not saying that he may not have had a pre-existing undetected condition... I dont know if he did or didnt, but depending on what a person is smoking, it can jack up a persons blood pressure**.

(**If you doubt the part about the blood pressure, try it for yourself. I havent touched mj for well over 20 years, but I tried that little experiment many years ago.
I've always been athletic... my bp typically runs around 110/70 or so. I checked it at one of those drug store bp machines and it was right around there.
I went out, blew a joint (ordinary mj... nothing special) and checked it again. It was something like 160/110... another "holy shit" moment, ESPECIALLY now, since my 46 year old sister had a stroke with bp just a bit higher than that).

I do understand that everyones physiology is different... my genetics are mine alone, so what happens to me might not happen to someone else.

Of course, the speculation is, would my friend have died if he didnt smoke??
If he had a pre-existing condition? Most likely he would have.
If he didnt have a condition, and his bp went up to an unsafe level, then maybe he would be alive today.
With sincere respect, Ramon, I just dont buy that mj has never caused a death.
At least for me, its pretty difficult to ignore the timeline between him smoking and him dying, pre-existing condition or not.

Anyway, Im not trying to judge... I hope its not coming off that way. Everyone here is an adult, and can do what they want. Im just saying that (for me, at least) life is busy enough, has its stresses, and at the moment, is good enough (thank God) that mj serves no purpose for me anymore. It did at one time, but I've had my share of 'experiences' with it, and its usefulness to me is gone.
Quote:
Relax , it's just a little weed not fatal like alcohol , tobacco , heroine , cocaine or meth .
Yep. Im very relaxed. If mj makes you (or anyone else) relaxed, have at it, friend.

So I got her nothing.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #22
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Comes down to either knowing or not about the herb planely stated .

On that sandwich - if you had not eaten and was hungry I bet you just may consider rethinking not eating that [ found ]
sandwich if it was looking mighty fresh , good and tasty I betcha .

Seem's these days the level of paranoia is at epic levels for many - way too many on everything from pot to politics .

The knee jerking has to come to a halt on the topic of marijuana is my point . The boogie man is gonna get you
is an old outworn beat up premis .

Ask yourself why there is not such a reaction when mentioning of alcohol or tobacco compared to the herb .

It is too true that the paranoia sparked by all the propaganda fed to the public be it from the federal gov't or whom
ever else that is still chanting that old boogie man mentality mantra is still adversely impacting society far worse
than the herb ever has in 3000 years of recorded history .

Relax is my point of view .

EZ :

HR
Your right. politics have often been confused over the centuries.
Plus it makes you want to play Guitar .
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #23
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post

Nope. Manhattan. I dont know if its before you joined the forum, but my forum handle used to be FillmoreNYC... I lived in NYC most of my life. I moved to St. Augustine, hence the new forum handle, St. Fill (PS- Dont get the wrong idea... Im no saint ).

You're right... we didnt know what we were smoking, but unless you grow it yourself, or a friend is growing it, no one knows what what they're getting. What was used for fertilizer? Was it sprayed with some sort of pest repellent while it was growing? Did someone add something to it to enhance its strength? There was a time when I didnt consider that sort of thing. Times change.
I dont want to find out any of that (the hard way, like I once did) by incinerating it and inhaling it.

I've heard that 'historical fact' before, Ramon. A fact I CAN tell you about is what happend to a friend I worked with that went with a few other co-workers to an OTB after work (just in case you didnt know, "an "OTB" is "Off Track Betting"... an off-site place where folks can bet on horse racing).

Anyway, they blew a couple of joints outside and went in. My friend dropped dead standing on the line inside OTB about 10 minutes after smoking.

Not saying that he may not have had a pre-existing undetected condition... I dont know if he did or didnt, but depending on what a person is smoking, it can jack up a persons blood pressure**.

(**If you doubt the part about the blood pressure, try it for yourself. I havent touched mj for well over 20 years, but I tried that little experiment many years ago.
I've always been athletic... my bp typically runs around 110/70 or so. I checked it at one of those drug store bp machines and it was right around there.
I went out, blew a joint (ordinary mj... nothing special) and checked it again. It was something like 160/110... another "holy shit" moment, ESPECIALLY now, since my 46 year old sister had a stroke with bp just a bit higher than that).

I do understand that everyones physiology is different... my genetics are mine alone, so what happens to me might not happen to someone else.

Of course, the speculation is, would my friend have died if he didnt smoke??
If he had a pre-existing condition? Most likely he would have.
If he didnt have a condition, and his bp went up to an unsafe level, then maybe he would be alive today.
With sincere respect, Ramon, I just dont buy that mj has never caused a death.
At least for me, its pretty difficult to ignore the timeline between him smoking and him dying, pre-existing condition or not.

Anyway, Im not trying to judge... I hope its not coming off that way. Everyone here is an adult, and can do what they want. Im just saying that (for me, at least) life is busy enough, has its stresses, and at the moment, is good enough (thank God) that mj serves no purpose for me anymore. It did at one time, but I've had my share of 'experiences' with it, and its usefulness to me is gone.

Yep. Im very relaxed. If mj makes you (or anyone else) relaxed, have at it, friend.
There is risks in life about anything. drinking. driving. you name it. MJ is not a killer drug. even if someone has a panic attack often it will pass quite quick. Either your friend had a pre existing condition. Or something quite rare occurred. Alcohol is much more damaging in general. yet most consider it safe and acceptable. one its not safe. two often its not acceptable. far more have died from alcohol than MJ that is very true. Sorry to hear of the experience with your friend. That does sound awful and can obviously see how it would affect you. A lot of people smoke MJ for 30 or 40 years and still have a liver and a little bit of brain left

Last edited by old geezer; Today at 12:36 AM.
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #24
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Sorry to hear of the experience with your friend. That does sound awful and can obviously see how it would affect you.
Thank you geez... he was only 26 when that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
A lot of people smoke MJ for 30 or 40 year and still hsave a liver and a little bit of brain left
This is true, but I believe that, among other things, the lungs are at the biggest risk. Whether its mj, tobacco, smog from a factory, etc... inhaling anything aside from clean air will likely have side effects.
Even for a person that has never smoked, second hand smoke is very damaging. My Mom is proof of that.
I understand that some things cant be avoided, but its the things we can avoid that bear looking at.

Even assuming the plant was grown completely naturally with no nefarious additives, no one is gonna convince me that inhaling an incinerated foliage wrapped in paper or smoked in a pipe, and holding the smoke in the lungs is not gonna have an effect on a persons pulmonary health.

So I got her nothing.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #25
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Thumbs up The Truth Will set You Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
Even assuming the plant was grown completely naturally with no nefarious additives, no one is gonna convince me that inhaling an incinerated foliage wrapped in paper or smoked in a pipe, and holding the smoke in the lungs is not gonna have an effect on a persons pulmonary health.
It's said when Nixon received the results of the two year Shafer Report he froze seeing that everything he said , was saying
and was going to say about marijuana was debuncted .

You can not understand what is the truth unless you read what was reported that blew the foundation to pieces of the Nixon Anti marijuana stance .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shafer_Commission

It's clear to read , do it and then think about your present opinion of marijuana .

Every single educated mind who's read this has came away changed .

Note where the reference of the positive therapeutic reversals of tobacco related cancer smokers who smoked marijuana .

I'll know if you read this or not .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote