Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
bucky katt
Banned

bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs
Default Squier serial number model/dating

i got what i was told is a 60's vibe stratocaster and i almost trust the guy i got it from but maybe someone here could confirm? CGS080400146 this is a sunburst, maple fretboard with that pretty looking high gloss finish on the neck with an almost amber tint to it with the wilkinson type tuning machines. it plays fantastic and i love the guitar, but i just HAVE TO know.
bucky katt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
candyman

candyman is a Proud Cross-Dresser

It is a classic vibe series guitar, they start with CG OR CGS Serial #'s.

'89 Korean Fender SquierII Strat all original

'85 Japanese Fender Squier Strat with Lace Sensor Pup's and Gold hardware

'62 Strat reissue
candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
bucky katt
Banned

bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs bucky katt Uses Tampons As Earplugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman View Post
It is a classic vibe series guitar, they start with CG OR CGS Serial #'s.

EXCELLENT! so it IS what the seller told me it is, a 60's vibe Stratocaster. it has that beautiful amber tinted super duper high gloss finish on the neck, nice rounded fret edges. the best non american strat i've ever owned, better even, than any of the Japanese Fenders i've ever owned. the wilkinson type tuning machines that share a screw in between tuners, the tremolo bar uses the smaller threaded hole than the other Asian strats too. i wish i had a working camera so i could post pics of it. not a single thing needs to be changed on this guitar, nothing.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
dudley
Over Roasted Coffee Bean

dudley is a Proud Cross-Dresser

Yep Bucky ya got yourself a 2008 classic vibe. I just picked up an affinity tele yesterday. Squiers are turning into great guitars.
Harmony: '69 Archtone 1213
Gibson: None...Haven't came across one yet worth its price.

Fender Frontman 212
dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
candyman

candyman is a Proud Cross-Dresser

Sweet guitar!! I would like first refusal if you ever decide to sell it!!!

'89 Korean Fender SquierII Strat all original

'85 Japanese Fender Squier Strat with Lace Sensor Pup's and Gold hardware

'62 Strat reissue
candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #6
bucky katt
Banned

i havent been able to put it down since bringing it home. even the Les Paul Classic is being neglected right now. I'm going to go to Guitar Center first thing in the morning (12th anniversary tomorrow and i need to be around most of the day) i sold an old utility trailer and i got enough money for it that i can buy myself a Classic 50's vibe Telecaster Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com. in vintage blonde, and i'm going to replace the Squier HH Jaguar i let go earlier this year. i'll be at the door waiting when they open at 10AM, that way i can be on my way home by 10:45 i can be home by 12:30 at the lastest still giving the boss my prescence for most of the day.

i called and talked to Tim, the manager and he is holding both guitars back in the office for me. i'm so glad i finally decided to sell the trailer. it's been sitting since the axle broke 5 years ago and i still got 600 for it!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
S. Rock

S. Rock Uses Tampons As Earplugs S. Rock Uses Tampons As Earplugs S. Rock Uses Tampons As Earplugs S. Rock Uses Tampons As Earplugs S. Rock Uses Tampons As Earplugs

yep, Squiers are great guitars. I just bought a Squier Thinline Classic Vibe Tele this past Monday. it's my first Tele after 45 years of playing.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #8
bucky katt
Banned

really, except for tuning machines and some electrics differences. the Squiers can be made to be every bit as good as an MIM fender by working at the ends of the frets a little to soften the edges, and i resolder ALL wiring joints since the Squiers seem to usualy have alot of cold solder joints in them. and i shield the body cavities as well.