Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 04-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Man In Black

Man In Black The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Man In Black The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default Godin A6 Ultra and Godin XTSA

I'm looking for a guitar that's diverse enough for leading Worship, and both of these seem like good options. They actually sound like acoustics in some of the videos I've heard. Has anyone here ever actually dealt with one or does anyone here own one? Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Godin-xt...64-i1147650.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Godin-A6...stomer-reviews

The A6 Ultra is more affordable which makes me kinda lean towards it, but I'm very open minded. Even if you guys have other suggestions for another guitar.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor
Schecter C-1 Diamond Series
Schecter Synyster Joker Custom
Man In Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Uses Tampons As Earplugs MrHarryReems Uses Tampons As Earplugs MrHarryReems Uses Tampons As Earplugs MrHarryReems Uses Tampons As Earplugs MrHarryReems Uses Tampons As Earplugs

I actually have the big brother to the A6, the Multiac SA. It sounds just like an acoustic through the amp. It plays beautifully and is actually one of my most favored guitars.

If you're looking for versatility, this guitar is not it. Think of it as a less cumbersome, easier to play acoustic that requires amplification.

That said, your Orange Crush will not be an appropriate amp for this. I'd recommend running it through a PA, or picking up something like a Fishman Loudbox Mini.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
Mr. G.
Grizzled Veteran

Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage Mr. G. has anal seepage

I'd personally go with the XTSA for the versatility it will provide.

My band:
Facebook
Official Site
Mr. G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #4
Man In Black

Man In Black The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Man In Black The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
I actually have the big brother to the A6, the Multiac SA. It sounds just like an acoustic through the amp. It plays beautifully and is actually one of my most favored guitars.

If you're looking for versatility, this guitar is not it. Think of it as a less cumbersome, easier to play acoustic that requires amplification.

That said, your Orange Crush will not be an appropriate amp for this. I'd recommend running it through a PA, or picking up something like a Fishman Loudbox Mini.
Thanks for commenting! I use the PA when I play my acoustic.=]
I just would like something that can play acoustic stuff and electric, so I wouldn't have to carry both guitars+ my amp and pedals every week. If I don't get something versatile then I'm looking for a sub $1000 acoustic electric,
because I have an amazing electric, but my acoustic is just good. I really liked the xsta because it has the acoustic sim, and three other pickups so that it can sound like an electric and (seem to be) versatile.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #5
Man In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G. View Post
I'd personally go with the XTSA for the versatility it will provide.
Thanks for the advice! I was also thinking that. I wish it looked more like the a6 though. But I'm searching for sound, not looks.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #6
Man In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretschGuy View Post
Well first off, do you plan on using the synth access the xtSA provides? If not, why pay for it...

And I thought the SA Multiacs were all nylon stringers. The A6 Ultras are nickel wound electrics. They're gonna sound totally different, or at least they should! - Ha!

I've got a 5th Ave Kingpin and love it. My brother-in-law's got a Mutliac SA. Both are really nice (but very different) guitars. Godin's doing an excellent job of making quality instruments at a fair price. I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

I'd like to use the Synth eventually but I wouldn't be using it immediately. However, it has two extra pickups, I would definitely use those. The 5th Ave Kingpin is a beautiful guitar by the way, I was researching it earlier.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
GretschGuy

GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Well first off, do you plan on using the synth access the xtSA provides? If not, why pay for it...

And I thought the SA Multiacs were all nylon stringers. The A6 Ultras are nickel wound electrics. They're gonna sound totally different, or at least they should! - Ha!

I've got a 5th Ave Kingpin and love it. My brother-in-law's got a Mutliac SA. Both are really nice (but very different) guitars. Godin's doing an excellent job of making quality instruments at a fair price. I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

[edit]

btw, The A6 has an interesting dual output feature for running the transducer pup only for full on acoustic tone - Godin has the complete owners manual in pdf on the website. To me, that's a way more useful feature than a 13 pin synth access port. Check it out.

---

Last edited by GretschGuy; 04-03-2013 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Sorry, my edit screwed up the posting order!
GretschGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 AM   #8
GretschGuy

GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking GretschGuy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
I'd like to use the Synth eventually but I wouldn't be using it immediately. However, it has two extra pickups, I would definitely use those. The 5th Ave Kingpin is a beautiful guitar by the way, I was researching it earlier.
Thanks, I really do love it. Plays like a dream and has a very full, mellow tone. Must be that Canadian Cherry they use! As for those extra pickups, I guess you're right. Except for my Strat, I've never owned a guitar with more than two. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing!
GretschGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
Man In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretschGuy View Post
Thanks, I really do love it. Plays like a dream and has a very full, mellow tone. Must be that Canadian Cherry they use! As for those extra pickups, I guess you're right. Except for my Strat, I've never owned a guitar with more than two. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing!
I like the diversity of having 3, my fender has two buckers and a lipstick pickup, and I love blending them. Really can get some nice different tones out of it.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 AM   #10
Man In Black

Just discovered these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...stic-simulator

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-effects-pedal

Since I already have a good electric would it be more worth my money to get one of these?
edit: on second thought, they don't seem to sound as good.
Orange Crush 35W
FSR Stratocaster® HSH
Baby Taylor